Biting my Teeth on this E50

Chöschi21 C.K. /

So, i have been trying to get this Maxi Tuned for a while now, it runs fairly good when cold, but when it gets Hot it just doesn't want to pull at lower Rpm's, Setup right now is:

-44mm Airsal

-No Port Matching on the Block

-45mm Head with 1.3mm Squish

-Completely gutted Stock Airbox

-15mm Bing, 74er Jet

-22mm Stock Exhaust, Short Header

-13:45 Gearing

-Points Ignition

So nothing special about it, but i can't seem to get it right, it runs fine and has no Problem to get up to Speed when Cold, but when it get's Warm it's slower than my stock Supermaxi from a stand still, It runs very well at higher Rpm's and has no Problem going Wide Open, 10'000rpm, for 5km or more…

Now, i tried Different Filters, No Filter at all, Main Jet's from 66-80, 28mm Stock Style Exhausts, Cigar Exhausts, a Techno Boss, testet with Timing from 10-25° and even tested a 12mm Bing bing with a Range of Jets and nothing seems to help, every time, when it get's warm the same thing happens.

Re: Biting my Teeth on this E50

Did you rebuild the bottom end?

Tecno circuit pipe or Tecno estoril pipe and get one of these.... Put Blue springs on clutch @ 3.5 turns in from flush..... put 15 or 16 tooth front sprocket on motor..

puch-bing-metal-hi-flow-filter-2T.jpg
puch-tecno-circuit-pipe-pinto-2T.jpg

Probably Fred /

Bob Selby is correct with filter and pipe but run 78 jet, 217 atomizer/needle jet, maybe single ring different taper needle and 24 slide with that pipe and filter as well as thick stiff kickstart springs and 16x40 gearing,

I most times just use a 14mm bing 222 atomizer/needle jet 72 jet with mesh filter and circuit 44-45mm kit setups

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Did Rebuild it with a Stuffed Crank, i don't think it's a Clutch Problem, got Red Springs with long Shoes, 1 8mm Hole in each Shoe and 1.5 Turns in, i also don't see how Longer Gearing would help, i want it to look Stock, so no Circuit, it seems to get quite Hot, not Seizing Hot, but Hot, could that be the Problem?

***Kim Jong illest*** /

yeah, absolutely. heat is the enemy of power. get your timing dialed in, maybe see if you can upjet some

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Timing is at 15° right now, shouldn't be to much, 74 Jet seems fine right now, but i will check if the Problem gets better if i remove the Ignition cover.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

After about 2 Minutes of Full Throttle and couple of seconds standing i measured the temperature on the cooling Fin's, they were at about 80°c maximum, that would be about 176°F, seems a Little low if anything.

yeah i think you need more timing, 18-20BTDC for starters.

and what ken said about the right needle/atomizer.

i've run into this exact same problem with bings before and it usually the slide/atomizer/needle are mismatched. probably on the too rich side, its good when you are cold but once you get hot you are too rich in the atomizer, needle or slide.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Yea, i noticed that too, i think it's too rich at part Throttle, didn't think it would really make a difference right now, also, it seems that it's going a little Lean at Full Throttle when it gets Hot, might try a 76 or 78 Jet and a Lower needle Positon tomorrow.

yeah i always go swapping guts around when it has a hole like that and it doesn't change based on the needle position.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Timing set at 18° now, it runs way to Rich at idle with the Slide without a Hole in it,

If i put in an Atomizer with a smaller Number, does that make it run Leaner at Part Throttle or richer? I'd guess Leaner? I only have a 2.12A laying aeound right now.

Now, with the Needles, i have 1, 2 and 5 Ring ones laying around, swapping between 1 and 2 didn't really help, so, is the 5 Leaner?

I am Running a 76 Jet right now ith a 51 Slide, 2.17 Atomizer and a 2 Ring Needle at the lowest position, it runs kinda well when it gets Warm, but when i push it a little i basically only have 1/4 and full throttle, nothing in between.

Drake Abrahamsson /

I apologize if this is too basic for you but this video helps me understand the Bing system better by breaking down each component. I always think of it when I feel my ped do something weird at a certain throttle range and I usually re-watch it because I always forget lol might help you identify which part to change in order to help from the 1/4 to WOT range you were describing was acting up.

Gotta love Travis being goofy too

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Okay, that's weird, i thought the Numbers one the Atomizers stood for the Size of the Holes, so a 2.12 would have a 2.12mm Hole, 2.17 had a 2.17mm Hole etc...

Chöschi21 C.K. /

This thing is a pain in the ass, but i think i am nearly there, part Trottle is Perfect now, i just need to Upjet 2 or 4 Sizes now, Setup now is:

-24 Slide

-5 Ring Needle in lowest Position

-217 Atomizer

-74 Jet

Timing is at 18° now, and she goes about 38-39, so roughly 10'000rpm.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Well, you guys won't guess what the actual problem with this was...

But if you wanna try, it has somethig to do with the Carb and Vibrations.

That^ says foaming fuel .

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

cracked clamp? foaming fuel would be my next guess^^^

Rusty gas tank....

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Nope, Chokeplate falls down through the Vibrations, it stays up when standing still and obviously when going full Throttle, but not when going Part Throttle.

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nope, Chokeplate falls down through the Vibrations, it stays up when

> standing still and obviously when going full Throttle, but not when

> going Part Throttle.

So , it needs a new spring ? or maybe just a big hammer . ;)

Chöschi21 C.K. /

They don't have a Spring, they just get pushed back up by the Throttleslide, there is a little Clip that holds it up there when it's up.

Hmm , maybe bent just a bit ? or the clip is not copacetic ?

Just guessing/spit-balling ...

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Yea, will deal with this over the weekend, did about 30km without the Chokeplate, i think it's to lean over 1/2 Throttle.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Fuck this thing.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Whats the Maximum the Compression should Drop from Cold to Hot?

Chöschi21 C.K. /

I drank my coffee, I have not calmed down yet, now is time to search further.

Hot Compression is at 7.5 about Bar, or roughly 110psi, Jet is at 80 now, Plug is completely white, If i Spray off every Gasket with Brakecleaner at idle Rpm's don't drop, but if i spray it into the Ignition it nearly dies, i have a Seal for that still laying around, so i am going to replace that one.

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I drank my coffee, I have not calmed down yet, now is time to search

> further.

>

> Hot Compression is at 7.5 about Bar, or roughly 110psi, Jet is at 80

> now, Plug is completely white, If i Spray off every Gasket with

> Brakecleaner at idle Rpm's don't drop, but if i spray it into the

> Ignition it nearly dies, i have a Seal for that still laying around, so

> i am going to replace that one.

Prolly a good idea . ;)

Chöschi21 C.K. /

I had to swap the Case halfs shortly after rebuilding it a couple of months ago because the Crank Bearings were spinning. i guess i damaged it when removing or reinstalling the Seal.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Okay, so, Changed the Chrankshaft Seal and it didn't help at all, so, after that i Changed all gaskets out and just to be sure i even coated all the Sealing Surfaces with Sealant, it also didn't change anything.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account