Stock Vespa variated clutch bells

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

How strong are the stock clutch bells? can I trust the original bell from '79 at about 40-is mph. Do I really NEEEEEEEED to get a new bell?

Re: Stock Vespa variated clutch bells

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

TO be clear not the 100mm stock bell from treatland that has a review that said it exploded. I mean the bell that has been on the bike since 1979

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's not really dependent on vehicle speed, the failures. Typically high-power, high revving bikes will detonate clutch bells.

The two step bells are fine for like 75% of built vespas.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

It's a 2 step bell.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

It's not so much the speed, it's the rpms. You'll probably be fine, just dont rev it to the moon on the stand.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Thanks ever so much, I'm not one to rev high. The speed limit on most of the roads i'm on it 35. I just need something to keep up.

I've never had a problem with vespa bells. Two swoops have had them explode, both because of revving on the stand. Seriously, don't rev the bike with the wheel off the ground and you'll be fine.

Yah I've had stock OG euro bells on a few including a quick pinasco 75 engine. None blew up. I think there's a video of Matt's blowing up. It put a nice hole in his car.

Josiah Radebaugh /

How effective would a chunk of steel be as a weapon? The real problem would be aim...

> Sodom Hussanal Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've never had a problem with vespa bells. Two swoops have had them

> explode, both because of revving on the stand. Seriously, don't rev the

> bike with the wheel off the ground and you'll be fine.

Hundo

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account