Re: Buzzards vs Barons Vogue Single Speed Build Off

> Sean Colvin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I actually ended up with a Vogue recently too. I won’t be keeping it

> stock because the engine is roached and it needs a new crank, plus I’ll

> be on a variated engine, but I’m excited about this thread. Anyone know

> where I can get some tank decals for the vogue?

Fucking rad man! Throw pics in here.

After our rally we will be all over our builds.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> separate

> swingarm I prefer to the 103 engine-in-swingarm style

woah is that a thing?! that has always been one of my biggest gripes with 103's.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > separate

>

> > swingarm I prefer to the 103 engine-in-swingarm style

>

> woah is that a thing?! that has always been one of my biggest gripes

> with 103's.

Yep!

Most of the racer dudes either use vouge frames or spx for their rippers. Square swing arm is so much better than the flexy spaghetti b.s. on Peugeot. Also there’s a ton more room for whatever carb/intake configuration you’re trying to use.

ECE57D30-E781-4483-8C90-5459F2811991.jpeg
0798B067-5EB0-45D2-94D9-022DCD8CF38B.jpeg
B6E34659-65AC-4183-A427-8A7D8964CC54.jpeg

Welp things have started to settle down around here so I pulled the motor. Besides all the euro dirt the motor is actually pretty clean. Piston has blow by and a some small streaks but noting crazy. I think I can get away with new rings and small end bearing. Porting on this thing is pretty rad stock. Definitely see why it makes the power it does stock.

2C03D513-A0B8-4911-824F-D19B0880FA3A.jpeg

Got to love the anti modification factory bolts.

834BD09F-26E7-47F9-91C0-FBDF64AD9959.jpeg

I should have looked what way that arrowish thing was facing....well I guess it is French for an arrow. I am assuming that is suppose to point to the exhaust port like most bikes.

FE370622-D975-40E3-924F-47A524787F2F.jpeg

That would put the ring land somewhere between the transfers and intake ports. Should leave lots of room for exhaust porting and any other dumb thing I try and do.

367878AF-F6AB-426C-8608-9F4B6BE5E2CE.jpeg

I guess the exhaust is the biggest thing to ponder on. Anyone have any tips or links? I was looking and could not find much.

I should have took a pic of the backing plate. It is a ball style with an outlet like the Mobys with no other plate or pipe going back in the the 103s. I wonder if someone pulled that plate out already?(edited)

Yeah yeah I know I should throw it away and find another frame. That's NOT going to happen. This is the bike I picked and it's the bike I'm going to fix.

IMG_20191009_064419.jpg
IMG_20191009_065016.jpg

We goin ole school on this one. BRB after I cook breakfast.....

IMG_20191009_064400.jpg
IMG_20191009_065044.jpg

A better picture of the damage. The more I clean the more I'm not sure. Let's see what happens....

IMG_20191009_085303.jpg

Now to the other side.

IMG_20191009_091834.jpg

The other side

IMG_20191009_093338.jpg

That's starting to look like the bottom of my XT tank . ;)

> P D Wrote:

> That's starting to look like the bottom of my XT tank . ;)

LOL, the struggle is real!

The right person got that bike. I would have been like nope....Best bike saver in the game right there!

yeah another stephen simmons gas tank masterpiece!

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> The right person got that bike. I would have been like nope....Best

> bike saver in the game right there!

Not riding THIS bike is not an option! I. Must. Ride. It.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> yeah another stephen simmons gas tank masterpiece!

Thanks! I'm getting better at it for sure.

> >

> I guess the exhaust is the biggest thing to ponder on. Anyone have any

> tips or links? I was looking and could not find much.

>

> I should have took a pic of the backing plate. It is a ball style with

> an outlet like the Mobys with no other plate or pipe going back in the

> the 103s. I wonder if someone pulled that plate out already?

D570D85E-A94B-4884-A11E-24F3E55E0536.jpeg

I am still hung on the exhaust idea. I know there is no way the maths will add up on this one. It would have to be better than the original? Maybe? I was thinking of hacking off the pipe at the inlet and putting a cone in there. Maybe make 2 exit holes in the back cover....idk looking for any suggestions. Just kicking around ideas.

Why not two cones . One inverted .

Stealth chamber . ;)

but the header's like barely a couple inches isnt it?

> but the header's like barely a couple inches isnt it?

I'm not sure that would matter much .

Maybe I'm missing what you're getting at , but , I see chambers starting right at the exhaust port .

> but the header's like barely a couple inches isnt it? Ya it is like 3 or 4. I’m going to grab a couple more pics. Idk.

Here’s my Vogue. 1984 and I’m pretty sure it’s made in China. Wheels have Chinese import or tax stickers inside of them. Perhaps it has Chinese parts and was assembled elsewhere. Anyway, it’s got a Polini CDI crank and Airsal 70cc small port cylinder on it with a Polini Utah pipe (not pictured). Going to get a Polini 70 on it soon and perhaps later a Malossi reed block. I had to rebuild the engine when I got it, and today I got it to idle momentarily with the choke on and no pipe. Compression seems too high, maybe because when I got it a ring was missing and a bunch of gunk built up inside the ring slot that I attempted to remove, but probably should’ve done a better job of. I don’t care about the Airsal much because the PO stripped out the exhaust port’s threads so it’s not going to get run anyway. My plans right now are to replace the intake bolts with Allen heads, put the Polini on and rip it. Money is tight at the moment though!

22CBBFBE-0AA2-44F0-8798-FBB31BEC06E1.jpeg
72C32AA3-7016-44BF-8BEC-CFF31B8455F1.jpeg
56B8F042-5675-4D61-9864-157188CFE06E.jpeg

there was a kit for peugeot like 77's house kit, they remade them from old castings and got a piston that was the same size, but they weren't matched so they'd always catch a ring cuz the pin gap was in the exhaust

I hate to hijack a thread but I don’t really want my own. I threw the Polini 70 cylinder on mine yesterday and the Polini Utah exhaust, fires right up and idles well. I was blown away by how quickly these things rev up compared to Garelli engines, which most of my experience is on. And they rev so much higher.

Anyway the bikes’ acceleration is scary fast, it was getting up to about 40 but my variator, which I had not bothered to rebuild, seems to be variating, but not fully, and then not opening back up, leaving it stuck in a higher gear. I think there’s a bit of rust and grime keeping it from variating properly. PB blaster and some coaxing with a screw driver did not do much. This is the outside half of the variator by the way, the side with weights. I still don’t fully understand how it works but maybe someone can clear this up for me: do both cheeks of the variator move independently inward toward the belt? Does one side use weights to variate and the other, a ball and ramp system? Or are they connected? I’m new to 103’s, and this variator seems more complex than a hobbits’, which uses rollers and a ramp plate. Thank you.

Sean make your own thread dude. It is just as easy as posting. Many reasons to make your own. First off, others may know how to help you if they see it. Secondly it may help someone in the future. All these threads are saved to all the information is searchable.

> Sean make your own thread dude. It is just as easy as posting. Many

> reasons to make your own. First off, others may know how to help you if

> they see it. Secondly it may help someone in the future. All these

> threads are saved to all the information is searchable.

^^^^^ this and this thread is strictly about modifying stock parts to go faster like it use to be looooong time ago.

You guys make a good point. I’m off! Still following.

Lol Sean, just realizing from your repair thread, you've got the one I had. The reason I know about the 77 kit problem was from that exact bike. Your issue confirms its def the same bike. it was missing a ring is cuz the pin on the top ring was right in the exhaust. Had to make it run with just the bottom one, I coulda relocated the pin but I just needed to make it run.

Small world, where ya find that?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account