Tomos A55 what performance cylinder kit is best for my Tomos ?

Just wondering what would be the best cylinder kit to run 90 octane recreational fuel ? Are they nical-sil crome / or cast iron . What kind of service life would i get and what would get me to 45 mph nicely with stock clutch ?? Cork 19 mm clone carburetor and biturbo exhaust !

IMG_20171026_124310.jpg

Re: Tomos A55 what performance cylinder kit is best for my Tomos ?

Probably any.

But for real. Your stock cylinder should do that with a little work.

The stock cylinder will get you to 45+ with that carb and pipe, easily. And you can run normal gas. Dunno about service life, but I rode one 1500 miles in five days back in 2014 and rode it daily ever since. So... pretty good?

Big pro tip. You may enjoy the technical side of things and nerding out on specs, and that is cool. I'm not knocking you for that, but it's not really necessary with these motors. The a55 is super tough and lends its self well being hot rodded with out having to get to in depth with it.

If you are taking it that seriously, (again that's cool, not shit talking) then get a Puch Gilardoni and drop that biturbo. 60+ easily.

the stock a55 will get you to 45+

new rings if you have a bunch of miles on it port it just a bit i would call it a clean up.

gear it out 31x22

air filter

estoril pipe

jet it

new clutch & spring for both 1st and 2nd (replace the j spring) and run it

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I would recommend sanding the spots on the counter shaft and cleaning them then solder the? Spring in place make sure the counter shaft and all your needle bearings are good first also when you're reassemble the clutch side remember to give it just a tiny bit of axial play and get a brand new internal star washer 4 your clutch nut it stops the vibration from knocking off your clutch nut

pull yr stock stuff n save, n put on a pp airsal kit.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account