I need advice on the E50 clutch

Puch E50. Port matched case, 70cc kit (unknown brand) stuffed crank, 15mm bing clone kit and hi compression head. PROMA circuit performance pipe

I have a stock two shoe clutch with blue springs that runs great but I can feel it slipping at higher RPM so I’m going with a three shoe clutch but I need some info before buying one.

The treats 3 shoe adjustable race clutch is junk and very low quality. What is the difference between the treats puch 3 shoe blaster clutch and the OEM puch 3 shoe adjustable super STOCK clutch other than springs, is there a difference in the weight of the two is one better than the other and so on? I know I’ll have to add a brace to the clutch and even out the weight of the shoes.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Blue springs slipping at high RPMs. Really? Is the clutch shoe material toast on the clutch? How far do you have the springs tightened. I love the 2 shoe over the three shoe. Do you have any pics?

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

2 shoe<< 3 shoe

Also, yes, the 3 shoe aftermarket clutches are junk. The OEM clutches are original clutches made by Surflex for Puch mopeds, best quality.

You dont need a brace, at least not for what you're doing.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Blue springs slipping at high RPMs. Really? Is the clutch shoe material

> toast on the clutch? How far do you have the springs tightened. I

> love the 2 shoe over the three shoe. Do you have any pics?

The clutch was set at 25lbs but it didn't engage till very hi RPM s o I turned it down to 25lbs, The shoes are a bit glazed. sorry I will have to pull it to get some pictures so that will be later.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Hummm. Maybe sand the pads and sand the clutch bell.

You know the quick clutch tuning e50 trick so you don’t have to drain the oil?

Turn gas off. Lay on its side, pull clutch cover off, and access the clutch without draining the oil.....idk maybe everyone already knows this.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 2 shoe> 3 shoe

>

Fixed it for ya..

2 shoe “greater than” 3 shoe

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

I like both. The 2 shoe has a nice hard lock, but the 3 shoe almost sounds and feels like a 2 speed engine when tuned properly. Both need a brace and to have the shoes lightened to have any sort of longevity unless you are running it at stock engagement of 15-20mph.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hummm. Maybe sand the pads and sand the clutch bell.

>

> You know the quick clutch tuning e50 trick so you don’t have to drain

> the oil?

>

> Turn gas off. Lay on its side, pull clutch cover off, and access the

> clutch without draining the oil.....idk maybe everyone already knows

> this.

I was thinking of sanding the pads but didn't think of the bell. oh yea I figured Lay on its side one out early on.

I will get post the results after the work. Its going to hotter then the dark side of the sun so it might be a day or so.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

I got a new clutch bell, the old one was really scored and I got new blue springs just to be sure and it bites much better but it’s still not what I would like. Would running 0-10 instead of type F make the clutch bite better at lower and mid range? It does grab at high RPMs.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

You might consider diesel oil . It has less friction reducers .

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

Diesel has more friction reducers. Remember too, the thinner the oil the faster the clutch pushes it out of the way. Thicker oil will generally heat up more essentially making it thinner than atf. Personally on a puch I like the regular old valvoline atf type f and if im running the Kevlar or ktm type clutch I use ctr-f or motorex atf. Both work very consistent and get almost no heat fade.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

25lbs? Dude that basically stock! It does matter what springs u got 25lb is 25lb.

Some times the springs gets bunched up & can’t operate correctly if you tighten them down to much.

What you need to do is take a dremel sharping stone & make some passes on the bell where the pads tred.

I think u tripping if anything

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Diesel has more friction reducers.

Maybe you are confusing friction reducers with anti wear additives .

Diesel does have a higher amount of zinc dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDDP) ( anti wear ) .

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

Just for comparison :

I have tried a number of different oils in my FA50 transmission over the years and have found that 15w40 diesel oil is best overall .

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I like both. The 2 shoe has a nice hard lock, but the 3 shoe almost

> sounds and feels like a 2 speed engine when tuned properly. Both need a

> brace and to have the shoes lightened to have any sort of longevity

> unless you are running it at stock engagement of 15-20mph.

I do have treats three shoe I might try. how much should I lighten them IE what weight do they need to be. yes I'm looking for a brace but it looks like i may need to make one.

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Daniel '' Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I like both. The 2 shoe has a nice hard lock, but the 3 shoe almost

>

> > sounds and feels like a 2 speed engine when tuned properly. Both need

> a

>

> > brace and to have the shoes lightened to have any sort of longevity

>

> > unless you are running it at stock engagement of 15-20mph.

>

> I do have treats three shoe I might try. how much should I lighten them

> IE what weight do they need to be. yes I'm looking for a brace but it

> looks like i may need to make one.

My 2 shoes don’t full engage until 10/12mph? You don’t need a brace but ebays got some.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273829786224

&

https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-e50-clutch-brace-kit-p/mlm-puch-e50-clutch-brace-312.htm

40lb

Re: I need advice on the E50 clutch

I know I don't need a brace but I might get one just for busy work. I think I'm done for now and save the other stuff for later. Thank You all to those who help and Ill be back.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account