Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

anyone running this?

https://www.doscycles.com/products/honda-mb5-botanas-racing-45mm-70cc-cylinder-kit?variant=8123855175782

guessing it's similar to the treats import kit?

Any tips, tricks, reviews?

Going to be running it with a vm20 and starting off with a 150 jet and working my way down. Is that a good starting point?

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

Womp womp

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

I have that, its solid. I mostly got it cuz it gives a lil boost to torque. Like it's almost no faster top speed but you don't have to ride the clutch and keep the revs so high.

As for tips, the hpi woke it the fuck up. I got an ns carb and couldn't begin to guess the jet, I wanna say its bigger than 150 but 150 is probably a good start, mikuni is less steep a jump between jet sizes once they get bigger #s (numbered by flow vs diameter scales linear vs squared)

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

awesome thanks for the reply. i was hoping it would give me a torque boost. I'm ok with my current top speed of ~50.

I started installing it yesterday, think i might need an intake riser for the MB5 carb, or might just bite the bullet and by an MLM intake.

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

I'm not okay with 50, I want at the very least a usable 55. I'm using a stock cylinder with a home made pipe and a 19mm OKO. I recently went up to a 15 tooth front sprocket and hit 54 but it didn't want to wind out to get there. Struggling to pull it in 5th really. This kit could be the answer to more top end after re-gearing?

I'm gonna give it a shot... Stay tuned.

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not okay with 50, I want at the very least a usable 55. I'm using a

> stock cylinder with a home made pipe and a 19mm OKO. I recently went up

> to a 15 tooth front sprocket and hit 54 but it didn't want to wind out

> to get there. Struggling to pull it in 5th really. This kit could be the

> answer to more top end after re-gearing?

>

> I'm gonna give it a shot... Stay tuned.

My kitted MB5 does 55, but I run a 12 or 13 up front? I cant remember which off the top of my head, but it gives me mad torque, could go much faster though if thats what your going for

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not okay with 50, I want at the very least a usable 55. I'm using a

> stock cylinder with a home made pipe and a 19mm OKO. I recently went up

> to a 15 tooth front sprocket and hit 54 but it didn't want to wind out

> to get there. Struggling to pull it in 5th really. This kit could be the

> answer to more top end after re-gearing?

>

> I'm gonna give it a shot... Stay tuned.

I mean you already have the kit so why not put it on?

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

Wait... holy shit... I FORGOT!!

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

> Charlie BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wait... holy shit... I FORGOT!!

LMFAO!!!!! I figured you did......

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

Found it... I will report back. I did 57 tonight on the stocker. It needs road to do it, but it got there.

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

Looks like it could use some dremel work.

I had a MB5 that I built back in 2007 that had this 70cc polini kit, HPI, boysen reeds, 21phbg, homoet pipe and a 14 or 15 in front that would cruise at 65 in 5th. I sold it to Ryan Nash in 2010, not sure where it ended up.

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

so getting the piston in was a mother fucker. not sure if the rings were too big or what.

sanded the ends and i eventually got it on. paired with 70cc head and a vm20 it runs like shit.

running a 150 jet, i think that my plug might actually be super fouled so i'll replace and update.

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

> mo pug Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> so getting the piston in was a mother fucker. not sure if the rings were

> too big or what. sanded the ends and i eventually got it on.

Did you size the ring gap before installation ?

Re: Botanas 70cc MB5 Kit

> Derek Stahl Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like it could use some dremel work.

>

> I had a MB5 that I built back in 2007 that had this 70cc polini kit,

> HPI, boysen reeds, 21phbg, homoet pipe and a 14 or 15 in front that

> would cruise at 65 in 5th. I sold it to Ryan Nash in 2010, not sure

> where it ended up.

I did the same with a 6-speed trans, it was soooo fast, but with a Homeot it was pretty miserable to ride (imo), you had to keep it at 9500 RPM or it didnt make power, just a lot of shifting, but fast as all get out

> mo pug Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> so getting the piston in was a mother fucker. not sure if the rings were

> too big or what.

>

> sanded the ends and i eventually got it on. paired with 70cc head and a

> vm20 it runs like shit.

>

> running a 150 jet, i think that my plug might actually be super fouled

> so i'll replace and update.

Nahhh dude your lean as hell, if your running the stock CDI and a pipe start at like 180

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to reply to this thread?

We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first you'll need to login (or create an account).