Av10 mvt g1 cylinder kit

Johnnie Distefano /

What opinions do you guys have on it? The porting looks great. What do you think vs the doppler kit?

Re: Av10 mvt g1 cylinder kit

Johnnie Distefano /

Really? No one has tried it? Looks amazing.

It is G1 rated so it has a lot of high rev attitude and the idle is very high or it spools down. Imperative that the cylinder is indexed with correct shim at the carter, also you want to beef up the transfer lead ins on the carter with epoxy before trying to blend it. Run it with a fast pipe and a good full circle crank.

definitely looks real nice. Has larger transfers than the doppler. Exhaust is gigantic.

Buy it and measure the event timing.

I just picked up some liquid cooled Moby heads, maybe I should try one out on one of these kits?

Yea the Mvt is pretty wild looking, but who knows until we get a port map what kind of power its capable out of the box. I have the Mvt peugeot kit sitting on the shelf and I am scared to run it. The 3 exhaust ports are gnarly.

The AV10 jug has 128° transfer 192° exhause will give up 9-10k rpm on a well constructed engine if you have a good pipe and good carb set up.

The Pug MVT G1 has 132° transfer and 194° so the upper end is also 9-10k.

Both have a wicked compression ratio with 3,2-3,4cc upper combustion chamber volume so make sure you do not use too much advance on the timing.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yea the Mvt is pretty wild looking, but who knows until we get a port

> map what kind of power its capable out of the box. I have the Mvt

> peugeot kit sitting on the shelf and I am scared to run it. The 3

> exhaust ports are gnarly.

Johnnie Distefano /

Thanks for the replies! I have lots of experience with g1 and g2 cylinders, both replica and real ones for av10s and Peugeots. My favorite being the malossi lc g2 for both pug and moby. mvt has interested me for quite a bit now. Has anyone ever ran one though? (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account