Hit a roadblock

Trying to get to the carb and air filter for my vespa grande, but everything is protected by the subframe.

Does anybody know how I can take this little sprocket off to get to the sub frame??

Im gonna be putting a 13.13 sha onto it and a bigger air filter hopefully itll make my bike zoom, not by a whole lot but more usual.

EA9CA11A-0EAD-4D72-8CAC-728A2EA330CB.jpeg
image.jpg

Re: Hit a roadblock

Don't remove the subframe. The carb comes out the top. You don't even have to pull the subframe to pull the engine. At least not on a Bravo. Grande should go the same way.

Also, changing your carb will gain you nothing unless you also change your exhaust. Just installing a 13.13 with a hi flo filter will leave you extremely disappointed. (edited)

ahhh, you're doing it wrong. the subframe doesn't have to come off, you will have to get in there with a screwdriver to remove the clamp holding on the air filter, slide the air filter off the carb, up, and turn it to get it out from between the frame and subframe. then you will use an M8 wrench or nutdriver (5/16 also works, same size) to loosen the bolt on the top of the carb, slide the carb back off the intake spigot, and turn that and twist it through the gap. sometimes it helps to pull the carb off so you can get at the top of the carb and remove the 2 screws holding the throttle slide and cable holder in place.

you'll also want to keep the same carb top and cable bendy from your old carb and use them on the new carb, different carb cable bendys have different length and a lot of times the one that comes on the 13:13 is the wrong length for the throttle cable you already have.

Oskar oskar /

thanks, I realized my error after taking apart the entire bike. I know have the engine out and sub frame back on. I also snapped the top of my old carbs cable bendy so I will have to figure something out.

Oskar oskar /

Is it the exhaust alone that permits speed or the combination?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, time to sit down and do some reading

spiders and weakness make the vespa slow, you have to purge the weakness and purify your heart to go fast.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> purify your heart to go fast.

You should include the soul , as doing so sets a being free of the constraints of a speedometer . ;)

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> spiders and weakness make the vespa slow, you have to purge the weakness

> and purify your heart to go fast.

That's weird, i had to purge my wallet to make my vespa go fast. I must have done something wrong

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account