2010 Tomos Sprint, need a few more MPH

Hi MA:

Finally got my 2010 Sprint running with encouragement from Pat Splatt and Derek of Black Pipes.

I need a few more MPH to keep up with traffic. In the "Repair" forum, I'm the guy that got run off the road by two large SUV's with towing mirrors.

So... what's keeping this Sprint from hitting a few more MPH? Intake, Carb, gears?

I've already spent so much time in the archives, a simple answer or link would help.

My Sprint might do 30 mph, downhill, with a wind at my back. I'm getting run off the road at that speed. 35 mph would be nice. Any suggestions? It's completely stock from the carb to the exhaust.

Thanks for all you your help, and thank you Pat Splatt and Derek from Black pipes, for the encouragement to get this Tomos back running.

Again, no need to repeat what's in the archives, a link will do.

Thx guys,

Joe Martin

Re: 2010 Tomos Sprint, need a few more MPH

A55 correct?

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A55 correct?

Yep, non injected 2010 Sprint Cheapest model they sold.

Thx for the reply.

> Joseph Martin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > A55 correct?

>

> Yep, non injected 2010 Sprint Cheapest model they sold.

>

> Thx for the reply.

What's the gearing on it now?

Stock, whatever that is. If you need further info, I can count teeth front and back and get back with you.

Thx. Joe

definitely get the pipe Stephen suggests along with a few jets (58-68). re-gear to 27 front sprocket and 22 or 24 rear. either replace your stock airbox or modify it by cutting the snorkel and drilling a couple holes for better breathing. that should get you 40mph

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account