Plug Chop Input?

Hello,

Looking for some input on my plug chop. Is this too lean? There are 3 total pictures there.

The performance is great and the head temp only got to like 320 F, so I'd like to stick with this if I can.

Thanks!

PLug1.jpg
PLug2.jpg
PLug3.jpg

Re: Plug Chop Input?

Second picture shows the carbon ring at the base, size of it looks good to me. It's light though maybe you didn't hold wot for a long enough stretch. How far did you ride?

Almost exactly 1/2 mile. I don't have very good roads around me to do longer than that.

I go about 2 miles when I do mine, see if you can find a longer stretch, or just run it!

I'm gonna have to travel a ways to find a road like that, consequence of having a 'fast' moped I suppose, haha.

Thanks for the Input.

Brad William /

I loved the color. Perfect.

I tried modifying my plug like yours but it wouldn't even start. What am I doing wrong?

This is now 'weld-type' plug used for extremely high compression ratios.

Probably Fred /

Looks ok, but needs a bit more deposits, I don’t ruin a plug anymore I just use a very strong magnifying glass to look down at the ring

Michael Forrest /

going by the color is too crude. Shades of color depend on which oil and at what ratio you use it at. Just buy a bunch of jets and try them all. The best power without causing the underside of the piston to turn black is the correct jet.

> Michael Forrest Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> going by the color is too crude. Shades of color depend on which oil and

> at what ratio you use it at. Just buy a bunch of jets and try them all.

> The best power without causing the underside of the piston to turn black

> is the correct jet.

Um, okay. Who's gonna pull the cylinder every jet change and look at the bottom of the piston? First time hearing this kind of stuff (edited)

The roads you usually ride are the roads you will ride once your tuning is done. Get some mileage into the plug and end up with the 1/2 mile when the engine is well heat soaked so you get a goodly reading of overall performance.

You do not have to perform an autopsy on the plug, pull it read it and clean it. The part you have removed has more story in it than just air fuel mix.

BasicPlugReading1.jpg

> Connor Kmiec Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Almost exactly 1/2 mile. I don't have very good roads around me to do

> longer than that.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account