Treats 70cc party supreme on a maxi jetting

Bailey Miclette /

Hey dudes.

Finally have my hog all put back together with the 70cc treat party supreme (https://www.treatland.tv/puch-party-supreme-p/puch-treat-party-supreme.htm). The time has come to tackle the carb -- mikuni vm20 roundside.

I know this is kinda dumb, but I'm slightly confused on what the pink tubing that comes with it is meant for...am I to connect anything to those? I have my gas line running into the plug right next to the air intake, as I saw n1bpd do in his magnum build with this kit.

Also, with all the parts from this setup, where should I start with jetting? Anybody who's used this kit, can you tell me what your jets are?

Lastly, I'm still on stock gearing. What gearing have people run with this setup? Looking for nice top speed, preferably in 55 range. Just looking for input.

Before you say it, I already replaced pucks, transmission gasket, and flipped 2nd.

Thanks for the help dudes. (edited)

Re: Treats 70cc party supreme on a maxi jetting

Try 165, 160 and 155, should be right in there. You run out of clearance on the cases to go big with a front sprocket so drop the rear to 35 and try 17 front

> Bailey Miclette Wrote:

> I know this is kinda dumb, but I'm slightly confused on what the pink

> tubing that comes with it is meant for...am I to connect anything to

> those? I have my gas line running into the plug right next to the air

> intake, as I saw n1bpd do in his magnum build with this kit.

the two pink tubes are for the float bowl, one's an overflow/primer and the second is a breather. just route them so that if they puke gas it doesn't hit any hot bits.

Probably Fred /

17x35 gears @ almost 11,500 to go 55mph? Uh No,

https://toolbox.martysgarage.info/

D3322BCF-7CE4-4765-8380-9C4F26D2AC5C.jpeg

Way to much rpm for a za50 especially one with the stock crank because many of the stock cranks don’t even have needle bearings on the big end of crank and have only teeny tiny little slits for oil mix to get in there,

There Is a few soft metal parts in the transmission including rollers holder and brass bushing parts that can’t take hi rpm so unless you’re going to drag race the bike or use it for a race bike you want to keep around 9000 max RPM kited or stock modded,

My son’s clean, low mi not kitted but stock modded za50 magnum that went low to mid 40s occasionally hitting near 9,500 RPM with 19x40 gears, it ran cool and he used good oil 40to1 ratio, it stopped/locked after a ride right in front of our house,

I made him take it apart and here’s what he found:

It’s all rebuilt with Nos crank, new bearings and such and it’s even more free revving then it was so I’m going to gear down some more like 20x40 or 18x36 (both the same)

Bailey Miclette /

Dang. I skipped dropping the cash on a new crank, figure that's going to be my breaking point in the future with all this power on the bike. Until then, what if I went larger on front? Like a 19 or 20x40? Not expecting to be riding this thing WOT all the time, so it should be pretty fine cruising around 45-50 in town, with room to punch to 55ish for passing. Calculator says it'll run around 9500RPM at those speeds.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I ran 21x35 and my similar setup lasted 3k miles of 50mph riding.

Bailey Miclette /

Dillon, did you have to shave the case down for the 21? how'd that work for you? What broke at 3k? (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Bailey Miclette Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Dillon, did you have to shave the case down for the 21? how'd that work

> for you? What broke at 3k?

21 requires the case to be ground down which is honestly a pain but didn't effect anything negatively and would def do it again.

I spun the small end bushing on the crank and that was all she wrote for that motor. Still have the roller cranked ZA that was going to replace it before I sold the frame

how 'bout this?

put a 35 on the rear... you probably already have an 18 front... see how it runs. don't listen to keyboard jocks... do what works for you.

also your treats party won't go 55, sorry, you'll be lucky if it goes over 50 unless you gear it way out and have bummer acceleration, even then probably not gonna get to 55.

Probably Fred /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Bailey Miclette Wrote:

> 21 requires the case to be ground down which is honestly a pain but

> didn't effect anything negatively and would def do it again.

Not a pain at all for me I did dozens, The 20t puch sprockets were available for years before I begged Benji to make them then 21tooth then 22tooth,

I could do one in about 30 minutes with one tungsten carbide bit and 2 sandpaper rolls

Anybody who doesn’t run 21x35 gearing, new pucks and flipped 2nd gear clutch with a hi powered kit that wants to hit 55+mph must like blowing up their engine,

You could take that to the bank from someone who’s been running these engines since the 80s (and has a small fleet of 55-60 mph za50 bikes built 10-11 years ago geared 21-22x35 that still run great)

Non reed Piston port kits (other than Metra 80 or Parma kit 74cc) that don’t have the greatest Lo end takeoff (when compared to a reed type kit and estoril pipe) 20×35 is OK but 55mph is a stretch,

Other then stock modified I would go for a reed/torque induction kit because you get more gas oil mix thrown into the crankcase due to the higher jetting that gives extra lube,

A polini with 15 mm bing, mesh filter, 217 atomizer jets and low rpm performance pipe jets in at around 88-91jet,

A piston port kit and 15mm bing, mesh filter jets in at around 78-80 jet so non reed type kits in my opinion are not recommended for za50 engines if you want to go 55+mph and not blow stock crank, stock transmissions is another story, 9,000 max no matter what for street use,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account