MLM intake not clearing Maxi frame

Bailey Miclette /

Hey dudes,

I've got my bike half rebuilt at this point and am trying to now remount the engine to the frame. I've got a mikuni vm20 with the MLM intake attached to a 70cc kit with the malossi reeds and am currently having an issue with the MLM intake clearing the frame enough so that I can lift the front end of the engine up high enough to put the bolt through. Has anyone had this issue? How did you solve?

Re: MLM intake not clearing Maxi frame

Post pics baby

Post a pic. You shouldn't have an issue. Or maybe you just need to take the intake off, put the motor on and then squeeze the intake in the hole. Pain in the dick but some intakes are just like that. Especially Tomos.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> Buttcheeks BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Post a pic. You shouldn't have an issue. Or maybe you just need to take

> the intake off, put the motor on and then squeeze the intake in the

> hole. Pain in the dick but some intakes are just like that. Especially

> Tomos.

On Sachs 503 Engines you can't take the Cylinder off with the Intake on, and you can't install the front Mounting Screw for the engine if the Intake is on.

Bailey Miclette /

Update: ended up just pulling the engine off the frame and taking a hack saw to the far half of the mounting hole on the side of the intake that was giving me trouble. Turned it from a hole into a slot, then filed it down a bit so it didn't mess up my new paint. Went on with some love.

Attached are pics, kinda hard to see, honestly it's all pretty hidden so doesn't change it too much cosmetically.

pic.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

Bailey Miclette /

side note: if you're running this carb/intake setup on a maxi, you will need to buy the MLM shaft extender. I have magnum cranks on and the left side still doesn't clear the air filter or esortil. Saying goodbye to another $35 right now as I purchase from treats :(

your trippin, thats a perfect fit.

You might have magnum pedal arms, but you have the maxi pedal shaft. Quit bitching about having to put effort in or ever so slightly modify your parts. They wouldnt even be available if it wasn't for treats. I dunno if you even know how good we have it these days...

Just get a triumph and just pay the tax to look cool. It is much more effective for a guy like you.

Bailey Miclette /

you seem really upset, hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

Daniel always seems in a bad mood. Partly because he lives in Seattle. Everybody in Seattle acts pissed off. He's an okay dude if ya meet him in person, and pretty sharp on moped tuning. Don't mind his attitude.

Chloe Feldman /

daniel was snarky but i see his angle also. shit was wild like 10 years ago, a lot of janky moped tech.. beer can head gaskets / cut exhaust pipe headers for intakes.. the list goes on 'n on.

what hes tryna say is.. shit is pretty fuckin plug 'n play nowadays and if modifying a bolt hole is your biggest issue. fuck, things are goin real well.

regardless, shit looks fire dawg. should be a ripper. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account