anyone familiar with this carb?

Brad William /

Re: anyone familiar with this carb?

Brad William /

https://www.sunworld.com.tw/carburetor-series

This comes jetted for a 90cc two stroke. But jet kits are avail for them, as well as manual choke version (I'd just mod this one to manual). It's 30 bucks cheaper at this site thatn most other sources. (edited)

Looks like a knock off mukuni.....why? You could get a genuine one cheaper...

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like a knock off mukuni.....why? You could get a genuine one

> cheaper...

+1... mikuni is a great name brand with jets that fit. why make things more difficult

yeah thats like what comes on some of the Jog type scooters. It would probably work fine but if you're scared of jetting, i can tell ya right flat out this isn't going to be an easier way around it. there is no shortcut when it comes to tuning.

that said... i've bought a lot of china clone carbs that list for a specific application and the jetting is pretty good right out the box. Just popped a PHBG clone that was sold for a 'KTM 50cc' and all i had to change was the main jet to run damn near perfect on my Puch Polini, actually better than a real dellorto you gotta change atomizers and bushings and shit.

china is good at copying shit, the challenge is knowing what they copied... sometimes they copy the wrong thing for what you want and since the sellers list like 1000000 things as it 'fitting' you aint got no way to know.

Brad William /

The one I linked to appears to be more of a keihin clone. No?

Just trying to be clear. The SWR carbs are made in Taiwan and are oem for some Yamaha and Suzuki models. Tool-wise, engineering-wise, quality-wise, Taiwan generally ranks with the Japanese. Unfortunately for them, sometimes, since it makes the Chinese that much more loathe to let them free to run their own affairs.

I really wish the Mikuni vm18 and vm20 had spigot mounts. It's a small thing, but still...

Isn't this more like a (no longer available spigot model) VM20?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/VM-20-Carburetor-for-Atv-Motorcycle_1316998395.html

HTB1VloaRXXXXXXRapXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg

Clone of a clone. Looks like an oko

Dirty30 Dillon /

Above is a VM20 Spigot clone, typically found on larger twin 2t's of the 70's.

The OP's linked carb looks like a E-choke version of a Yamaha issue small bore carb.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account