2011 Tomos Streetmate Performance Upgrades

Devon J. Kearney /

Hey all,

I have recently purchased a 2011 Tomos Streetmate and am looking to do some performance upgrades to it. I have found a performance exhaust (https://www.ebay.com/i/253508011815?chn=ps) that I believe would be good for it. I am maxing my speed out at about 26 mph and am trying to get that up to somewhere near 40 mph. The questions I have: What size jet do I have in my carb, what size should I use, and what air filter should I get? I appreciate everyones help.

Re: 2011 Tomos Streetmate Performance Upgrades

Probably Fred /

Cheep tecno exhaust, 13$ large metal mesh filter, 64 main jet, middle needle clip setting on needle and 24tooth rear sprocket,

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Cheep tecno exhaust, 13$ large metal mesh filter, 64 main jet, middle

> needle clip setting on needle and 24tooth rear sprocket,

>

>

^^^^^ what he said Should do the trick. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

Hey Ken, u know if that sprocket fit that streetmate perfecto or did you file/drill out one from an A35?

Probably Fred /

> ..... poop Wrote:

> Hey Ken, u know if that sprocket fit that streetmate perfecto or did you

> file/drill out one from an A35?

Got the correct a55 one from treats

Fit perfect on spoke wheel don’t know about mags

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> > ..... poop Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Hey Ken, u know if that sprocket fit that streetmate perfecto or did

> you

>

> > file/drill out one from an A35?

>

> Got the correct a55 one from treats

>

> Fit perfect on spoke wheel don’t know about mags

Thanks, Ken!

can you tune for mesh? sure. but you're going to have to re-tune for changing seasons.

screw the mesh filter. Especially since you're only trying to go 40mph, you can keep the stock top end and the stock air-box is plenty big enough.

mod the air-box. your consistent+smooth idle, carb staying tuned for +60F temperature swings, the lack of moped fuel gassing your leg, and the decreased noise from the intake will make you forget that mopeds are dumb.

The A55 is the only moped i know of that has an airbox thats actually big enough. ive even put them on other mopeds.

^+1 the stock a55 airbox is fuckin legit and all you gotta do is cut off the rubber snorkel hose in it and its wide open.

that one and the pinto/magnum are my favorite stock airboxes. they are the biz.

I incorporated a vstack into the stock airbox. Took a bit of time, but was very pleased with the results.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4155308,4155417,flat=1#msg-4155417

> Chris Straub Wrote:

> I incorporated a vstack into the stock airbox. Took a bit of time, but

> was very pleased with the results.

>

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4155308,4155417,flat=1#msg-4155417

Just as support for your 'innovation' , Honda used velocity stacks in air boxes as early as the late '60s , possibly earlier . ;)

Here are a set of air tubes that fit inside the air box , for early model CB750s :

(edited)

Probably Fred /

> Full Tuck Wrote:

> can you tune for mesh? sure. but you're going to have to re-tune for

> changing seasons.

>

> screw the mesh filter. Especially since you're only trying to go 40mph,

> you can keep the stock top end and the stock air-box is plenty big

> enough.

>

> mod the air-box. your consistent+smooth idle, carb staying tuned for

> +60F temperature swings, the lack of moped fuel gassing your leg, and

> the decreased noise from the intake will make you forget that mopeds are

> dumb.

>

> The A55 is the only moped i know of that has an airbox thats actually

> big enough. ive even put them on other mopeds.

Puch and Tomos bikes is mostly all what I tune, I never retune my bikes for winter or summer jetting ever and none have stock airboxs all aftermarket metal type or k&n (one has a polini space filter on it though) I run the same jetting year round on every bike I own, none ever spew gas on my leg, I can (and did) ride almost any one of my bikes with dress clothes on and pant legs and dress shoes stay clean.

Notice very little difference (except wet and sometimes ice on outside on of carb on very humid days) from season to season running wise, all start easy and all idle for days, (A bike that starts easy and idles good usually is indicator of a good running bike)

A55 box is ok (and great for use with stock exhaust) but a large mesh filter just gives that little bit more power and speed when used with aftermarket exhaust no matter how you modify the (rectangular turbulence causing) stock airbox so if you want a few more mph and bit more power the large mesh filter with bigger jet, middle clip on needle in the easy to tune phva 14 carb is what you want,

The phva 17.5 carb Will give a few more mph and even a bit more power even though the stock intake is barely over 15 mm stock, (I like to bore dremel them a bit bigger to just over 16mm), I wish they would make aftermarket ones exact fit that are 17.5 MM because I like running side covers

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account