Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractions

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

yeah this is where my knowledge falls short, i talked to the guy who designed the stators at harley about this stuff and he said they design the core using FEA software but obviously coils pre-date computers by a few hundred years so some smart fuckers knew how to do the core design without fancy pants computer tools and there are rules for it.

the single ended pickup coil thing is weird too... so the magnets pass and its pulling on the core with a N-S (say, i dunno) then the magnet switches and it goes S-N.... but its not push-pull like it is with a power coil because its only seeing one side of the magnet. the flux happens from changing direction, so i think a wider tab would change direction faster all else being equal because the magnets are covering a bigger distance in the same RPM?

i dunno i'm just thinking out loud, either way all signs point to the bigger core generating more juice which has the ability to fry shit including the ultra fine wire the coil is wound with. the more power coming out of the coil the faster it charges the capacitor in the r-c network on the input side and the sooner your cdi triggers so that explains the timing shift.

its also weird it has that little fork in it? what an odd design feature.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsTopic by: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 07:32PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 07:56PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 08:17PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 05/21/19 08:42PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 09:05PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: pat splat pat splat 05/21/19 08:54PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 05/22/19 09:28AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/22/19 10:46AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: P D P D 05/22/19 03:22PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/22/19 04:31PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/22/19 05:53PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Baron Von Moped Baron Von Moped 05/22/19 10:01AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/23/19 10:50AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/23/19 11:07AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/23/19 11:52AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Daniel '' Daniel '' 05/23/19 10:48PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/24/19 02:42PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 07:10PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Deadped Ryan Deadped Ryan 05/24/19 01:19AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 01:59AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 11:43AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 05/24/19 12:15PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 12:18PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 05/24/19 12:22PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account