Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractions

Thomas TPRF /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
download.png

We see here coil size obviously matters... I'm interested in the difference between actual coil diameter and effective coil diameter, since the effective coil diameter is what Jbot changed.

Also the core material matters. I'd assume the cheaper pickups use cheaper core material.

In tattoo machines if the core becomes a permanent magnet the electromagnet becomes much less efficient, requires more voltage to operate. I'd imagine in the pickup circuit the same would he true. Makes me wonder if the pickups that become erratic or fail are still electrically intact, but the core has magnetized causing bad behavior.

Screenshot_20190524-1212182.png

The time obviously matters too. Jbot's modification may simply be reducing the voltage being sent to the CDI enough that it keeps the CDI from overloading and becoming erratic.

Even if I never use the information I like to know the why of things. It may help me somewhere down the road.(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsTopic by: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 07:32PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 07:56PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 08:17PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 05/21/19 08:42PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/21/19 09:05PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: pat splat pat splat 05/21/19 08:54PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 05/22/19 09:28AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/22/19 10:46AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: P D P D 05/22/19 03:22PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/22/19 04:31PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/22/19 05:53PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Baron Von Moped Baron Von Moped 05/22/19 10:01AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/23/19 10:50AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/23/19 11:07AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/23/19 11:52AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Daniel '' Daniel '' 05/23/19 10:48PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 05/24/19 02:42PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 07:10PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Deadped Ryan Deadped Ryan 05/24/19 01:19AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 01:59AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 11:43AM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 05/24/19 12:15PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: JBOT Admin JBOT Admin 05/24/19 12:18PM
  Re: Treats puch cdi trigger prob? idea for better performance with fucking fractionsRe: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 05/24/19 12:22PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account