AV10 walkin' cranks. Anyone else?

Jonathan Feldman /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Alright, I'm on my third AV10. Airsal 50cc with all the fixins. It's not a mega ripper by any means but it definitely has some pep in it's step. Runs cool / no insane issues.

Anyway, I got maybe 120 miles on it and I'm already getting crank walk. I definitely think it's the crank bearings shifting back 'n forth in the cases. Maybe .5mm cold and 2mm-3mm when its pipin' hot. Word on the street is that crank walk isn't the end of the world but I'm also bummed that I'm gettin' it so early in the game. Like I'm not even at 500 miles, ya feel me?

I'm rockin' the cheapo treats AV10 cases. This is second one that I've had walk. The other one lasted maybe 500 miles and yes it was a different cheapo AV10 case. Anyone got any bright ideas? Anyone else havin' this problem? Bearing retaining compound? Add some shims to the bottom end? Maybe buy some fancy pants OEM AV10 cases?

Talk to me y'all.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account