Wheel and Fork Spacers

Francois Labat /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi y'all,

I got some of these forks installed on my Motobecane. I don't have the wheel attached yet.

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EBR-MBK-SPRINGER-FORKS-BLACK&ID=12908&yes=yes

I see the description says my brake plate needs a notch. My stock Moby brake plate doesn't have a notch. What does the notch do? Prevent the brake plate from spinning?

I realized my Peugeot 102 has a brake plate with a notch and the spoked wheels/tires on that are much nicer than the ones I have for the moby. I think I can swap em? But then my Moby wheels / brake plate wouldn't have the right notch for the peugeot. Also, how do you keep the wheel centered to the forks? I have a feeling I will need spacers, you just get rod stock and drill it out?

Also, should the black part of the tree touch this silver ring from the headset? (circled in blue) I would have to bring the plate down a little. Unsure of the angle. (shitty blue arrow cant see)

MobyFork.JPG
MobyFork2.JPG

Thanks(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account