Av10 rotary valve

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

Right now I’m in early experimentation, but have the correct measurements and am building it to just see if I can. I plan to use the Tormach at my local makerworks to mill this whenever I have the time but currently I am 3D printing a model.

905D98ED-9D12-470A-B26A-75003C5DAD90.jpeg

Re: Av10 rotary valve

Also if any of you are skilled in writing G code if you could look over my operation. I’ve run simple parts but none really this complex

This is a (rotary valve) motor

13892304_1301095286568126_3900599058131478585_n.jpg

Yes, where there’s a disc controlling the timing. Im trying to base it off of Alex degnes design

There isnt that much of a benefit rotary vs reed valve. So much engineering and planning. I would just make your cases take dirtbike reeds, kx80 or similar, use a scooter crank and have a minarelli horizontal stud pattern. Basically like the mykitech cases.

cool!

i've been using 3d printing a ton at work lately to double check before getting something machined. it sounds stupid, you'd think after months of figuring and working on shit in cad you could get it right, but having that 3d printed mock up is so huge from a confidence perspective

you can also fixture it in the CNC machine before you run it and have the CNC 'trace' the 3d printed part just to 2x check the code, if it crashes its just plastic and it wil give.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account