Go go peugeot

Hey so ive got this 103 that ive upped with

70cc kit (dont remember, maybe malossi)

15-15 delltoro carb

mlm techno pipe (that i fuckking loctited in there like an idiot)

everything else is stock

trying to get some more off the line performance cause i took a pedal off and its a bit slow getting goingl. Any suggestions?

Re: Go go peugeot

Trim the starter shoes down(I removed half the pad) remove 3 balls and stack in a couple more spider springs I think they're called.(edited)

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Trim the starter shoes down(I removed half the pad) remove 3 balls and

> stack in a couple more spider springs I think they're called.

I trimmed mine down and the bike was so much easier to bump start.

Does a 3rd spring make much of a difference?I've got 2 of the spider or star springs and 3 balls in mine. I took my starters out and put a rope start on and it was still engaging kind of early. Still kind of disappointing till the pipe comes on.

I have some 12mm delrin balls coming soon. Would be cool if they hold up in there. Could run 6 of them too if they are lighter than 3 steel ones.

> Jesse Simonsen Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Trim the starter shoes down(I removed half the pad) remove 3 balls and

>

> > stack in a couple more spider springs I think they're called.

>

> I trimmed mine down and the bike was so much easier to bump start.

>

> Does a 3rd spring make much of a difference?I've got 2 of the spider or

> star springs and 3 balls in mine. I took my starters out and put a rope

> start on and it was still engaging kind of early. Still kind of

> disappointing till the pipe comes on.

>

> I have some 12mm delrin balls coming soon. Would be cool if they hold up

> in there. Could run 6 of them too if they are lighter than 3 steel ones.

Yes a 3rd will make a difference.

3 stars is too much. It will just make it rev out more and not engage as well before the starter clutches dump the rpms. 2 balls and two springs is pretty rippy but again kinda doesnt grab as well with too little weight. I think on my stock setup I'm not running the inside clutch bell shim with 2 star springs. Ive done almost every combo of stock variator mods, ditching the stock variator weights for malossi multivar weights is a huge upgrade. I would start there and also try reshimming the whole assembly.

Hey thanks guys, as far as post work tunnage goes would i have to retime it?

re-time it after putting a kit on, oh yeah for sure.

with the tecno pipe it might not need to be retarded as much as a higher rpm pipe but you should probably be in the 1.1-1.3 mm btdc range for starters. I've run hot kitted/piped points peugeots as low as .8 mm to keep them cool.

most of the time when you're working on peugeots and mbk you will notice really abruptly when you've gone too far, you'll go from like 1.3 mm to 1.5 mm and all the sudden you'll be running 500 degrees like woah.

that question along with the fact that you're complaining about accel from that setup makes me think you probably have some power left on the table and you might need to tune more. usually the 70cc kitted peugeots are pretty wicked off the line. I'm on a real similar setup but stock pipe running an 86 main jet.

Launch lever, and tuning. Those Arbeo/ Dakar 15 Sha clones are great

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account