Re: Go go peugeot

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

re-time it after putting a kit on, oh yeah for sure.

with the tecno pipe it might not need to be retarded as much as a higher rpm pipe but you should probably be in the 1.1-1.3 mm btdc range for starters. I've run hot kitted/piped points peugeots as low as .8 mm to keep them cool.

most of the time when you're working on peugeots and mbk you will notice really abruptly when you've gone too far, you'll go from like 1.3 mm to 1.5 mm and all the sudden you'll be running 500 degrees like woah.

that question along with the fact that you're complaining about accel from that setup makes me think you probably have some power left on the table and you might need to tune more. usually the 70cc kitted peugeots are pretty wicked off the line. I'm on a real similar setup but stock pipe running an 86 main jet.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account