moped tuner...it works slick.

kevin Smellaflange /

get a bicycle roller trainer, yard sale, then strap your ped to it, 4 tie downs should be enough.

use a flex aluminum dryer exhaust hose for the pipe,

then drill start the beast an evaluate it's performance

Re: moped tuner...it works slick.

How many calories can your moped burn?

Josiah Radebaugh /

I'd like to try using two wheel hubs from a moped, remove the brake from one.. Build a frame for the two... Add and extra long brake cable and to the drum with the brakes... And there you go! I figured if you are in a garage you could just raise the temp in the winter and put your rear wheel on it and use the brake on one of the drums to add resistance and use that to jet with out having to leave. Add a capable speedometer to the rear wheel .

kevin Smellaflange /

& it's a great calorie burner & garage heater all in 1...

i suppose for some of u guys it could be a decent alibi...

i thought he was in the garage working?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I found a cycle ops stationary bike stand @ a thrift store 20 dollar score. All I need is a tach and temp senser.

kevin Smellaflange /

with your bike trainer you can adjust the load given to the rear end & simulate up hill versions, let off & see if torque can get you going again to suit your needs.

a roller like i have has no load or person on it so it's limited that way.

your idea would fold up & store in a closet when your done.

the reason i'm using mine is all i have to do is hit the loosening gate on each tie down & i'm off the thing.

Air flow would be needed for sure or you'll be throwing off your tune with excess heat or seizing.

kevin Smellaflange /

you would run a big fan to direct the flow out of the garage...most shops have juice from the town or in my case a genny.

hows it working? got a pic?

This is a bad idea. Sure you can get in the ball park but it won't be the same as riding it down the road. Just tune like everyone else and ride up and down the road for forever.

kevin Smellaflange /

it's only for quick repair up date...

jetting etc...

no pic yet.

kevin Smellaflange /

i should specify the trainer has 2 rear rollers close together, your rear tire rests between them, a wind load trainer.or magna trainer has only one roller.

bikers have trained on one, balanced. vs just easy fed down on to it.

i'm building a hydraulic engine dyno using a power steering pump, i think it will be useful just to run engines at a certain load and speed and fine tune them. it won't probably give an accurate HP but it will give relative results like 'advance timing x amount- torque at 5000 rpm increases Y amount' which i can use to dial things in better.

the problem i always have with on road tuning is that you cant hold a constant speed and load long enough to compare, you are just using sound and seat of pants.

plus a really nice way to break-in an engine slow and low.

kevin Smellaflange /

most peoples ears are trained to hear what their engine sounds like when it's running bad vs. good vs. great.

it's the ease of set-up...i'm not going to run wide open in the rain or past dark just to see if my jets are close...also anyone could realise people should run your carb out of gas when your done riding...

more people but their motors away thinking they will get right back to it...

that's the guy who says ; it was running when i parked it 4 years ago.

I had 2 that I got from the bike coop I used to work with, always planned to do this and never did. Itd be easy to link into a pi or arduino and calibrate, chart it with mat lab or something.

I've lately just been doing laps around the block with a speed logger app that outputs to excel and laying that data on top of each other

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account