Puch maxi carb problems

Hey mopedarmy

the problem I'm having is when the engine is cold I can drive full throttle but after 10 mins for so of the engine warming up then the moped start dying if you give more than 2/3 of the throttle. I know it the main jet but so I go up or down?

setup:

crankshaft standard

70cc airsal kit

28mm pipe the bigger one that still looks like a normal pipe

15mm bing - 64 nozzle

spark plug NC10HS Racing

14:45

I live in Scandinavia

Re: Puch maxi carb problems

you will need to increase your main jet size, not sure where you will be with the 28 mm stock style pipe but my guess is high 70's

also the bushing crank will not last long turning high rpm from the 14x45 gearing. when it starts making rattley sounds stop before you blow it up and replace the crank.

I'm putting a performance crank in next week. but i'll try a bigger jet

Thanks

Crankshaft:

https://www.jmpbdele.dk/puch/engine-parts/crankshafts/krukas-maxi-race-dmp.html

Dont get the Teflon stuffed crank, get the Unstuffed or aluminum stuffed crankshaft.

Overpriced Parts /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Dont get the Teflon stuffed crank, get the Unstuffed or aluminum

> stuffed crankshaft.

Oh yeah I hate the plastic stuffed crank,

I did a rebuild on someone’s bike who used one of those toxic plastic stuffed cranks,

Melted toxic plastic was everywhere, it ruined the kit, bearings and was even in the crankcase and header pipe,

I removed the stuffing from one that came in a euro motor I bought. I tried torching it and that was a bad idea, Teflon smoke stinks and apparently kills birds!! Whoops! What I ended up doing was just drilling out the holes in the lobes and the popping it out with a screwdriver. Its a nice crank aside from the stuffing that gasoline doesnt like.

i'm using the same of on my friends stock bike. Can't it at least work on that?

is this a better crank to use?

https://www.jmpbdele.dk/krukas-maxi-top-racing.html

that orange stuffing is some weird shit, i dunno if its teflon, its almost more like a polyester resin like you use with fiberglass, mixed with some kind of fine sawdust filler material? i dunno its whack.

Bigger jet, start with low 70's. And maybe try a normal sparkplug, from what i can see there is absolutely no benefit from this type of sparkplug.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account