50cc v1 kit compatible with stock pipe?

Angry Hipster /
Screenshot_20190325-073955.png

So I bought this kit off eBay because of the good price. I figured it was cheaper/better than honing and re ringing my non running maxi. And my intention is to get the maxi running cheaply.

Now my question is how would it run with the stock pipe? Would it run worse than if I just used the original cylinder?

I also have a 14mm intake and Carb, I thought it might pair well with the kit.

Re: 50cc v1 kit compatible with stock pipe?

depending on what kit that is, it will probably have slightly worse low speed performance aka acceleration and slightly better high speed performance- top speed.

it uses a rectangle port intake so grab you one of those unless you already have one. if you have a good working stock 14 bing the jetting should be pretty close but you might have to go up a few sizes on the main jet and lower your needle (raise the clip) a notch or two.

i've built those with stock pipes before, they aren't terrible but i prefer a ported stock cylinder. if you put a pipe on it, they really shine and you'll see considerable gains. proma GP for more torque or a bullet for cheaps and more top end.

i did this 10 years ago. i kept the kit on my bike for about 3 days. the acceleration was awful. top speed was just ok. i also recommend getting a decent pipe. i know u wana stay on the cheap. the proma gp is the best choice but if price is really a factor the jammy is available for $54 . i ran one for a while and had a 40mph bike all day. clutch tuning is also a big factor with the 50cc kits. blue springs are like 12 dollars, your going to want to get those.

in the end i upgraded to a used 65cc metakit i bought off a local guy and got the jammy pipe. and this was a good setup until i bought a used proma which was an awesome combo with the 70cc DMP i later purchased.(edited)

This cylinder will be used on a Maxi, not a V1, correct?

Chöschi21 C.K. /

If you have an opened up 22mm Exhaust, it will run fine, it will have very good low end, but will likely not rev over ~9500rpm,

Angry Hipster /

Yes, I'll be running it on a maxi. Maybe I should wait to get a pipe first Idk

Josiah Radebaugh /

I don't know how it's work but treats has those slip on expansion chambers. Cut off your old pipe and slide the chamber in the header.https://www.treatland.tv/exhaust-chamber-p/chamber-black-28mm.htm(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account