Bore stroke porting and displacement

Brad William /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

For the more expert out there, help me with this. My airsal 65cc kit sits on the kitchen table next to the oem 50cc e50 it will replace.

The bore is visibly larger, of course, since the stroke is unchanged. Interestingly, the exhaust port window/timing on the 65cc is, rough guess, 5 to 6 mm higher than the 50cc. Thats huge really. Im not doing the math, but another rough guess makes the actual volume of compressed mixture at ignition almost equal between these two cylinders. I dont know enough about two stroke theory to make anything of this. Its just interesting.

The airsal has a bigger bore..same stroke.. but negligibly greater volume of compressed mixture at ignition. Is it better performing merely because it breathes easier through its other portings.

Jus curious.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account