slower accel but does 65ish - metra hobbit

Chris Szuba /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so i finally got my hobbit timed, or running pretty well at least. need to pull the plug today and see how it looks... have had a small intake leak for the past couple of short rides, re-positioned the hose clamp and now she doesnt want to idle LOL tuned with the leak i guess... will mess with the a/f to start.

anyway, looking for more acceleration. i know she has to have it.

PA50-II, derbi metra kit, mikuni TM 24 flatside, derbi variator (3 weights in? i think), hpi mini rotor, sidebleed mlm pipe (iirc?). she's fast, dont get me wrong. just the power band and accel doesnt pull like i thought it would :/ I just sold a hobbit with a dr kit on it and although she would top out around 45 or so, when that power band hit you can feel the poweeerrrr! wheelie power. now my hobbit is cafe built so no wheelies but not a lot in the acceleration department either. i barely beat my grom in a race :(

Besides getting it to idle - rn it wants to die under a certain rpm, what else to do for more accel ? variator weights? gears ?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account