Tomos A3 RPM Range

ben henderson /

I hooked up a tach to my tomos today.

To my knowledge the only mods are a biturbo pipe and a carb meant for the A35.

I was a little surprised to see rpms hit 7500 on flat ground. I saw 7800 going down a mild slope. But either stuff on this old bike starts to rattle at speed or the engine may be pinging at the very top rpms.

I tested the bike with half of the cone air filter covered with duct tape and found no performance decrease, so I might try going up a jet size in the carb. I'd hate to blow up this old motor.

So, is the rpms I am seeing normal for a stock motor with biturbo pipe? I also had between 1800-2300rpms at idle. Does that sound right?(edited)

Re: Tomos A3 RPM Range

Seems about right to me. With an a35 top end you will see substantial mid range gains and it will wheelie no problem in first gear

ben henderson /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Seems about right to me. With an a35 top end you will see substantial

> mid range gains and it will wheelie no problem in first gear

does the a35 top end bolt up without any mods? Would I have to change the piston/rings as well?

You can use the a3 piston in the a35 cylinder. Helps to cut the a35 windows in it too. Need to get Reed and intake and carb too. A3 are pretty decent cylinders too.

You have an A55 motor.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account