103 disc brakes

For some reason I am not seeing anything in my searches... anyone willing to share how the setup their 103 for front disc brakes?

Re: 103 disc brakes

All mopeds are basically the same set up on the front end and almost all never had disc brakes so there is no mounting bracket for a brake caliper on stock fork tubes be they the inverted style or the bottom tube style.

The best way to start, if you don't have welding skill, is to get the aftermarket EBR brand forks that already have a caliper mounting bracket to start building off.

Bolting on a set of 80cc motorcycle forks is an option but in my opinion the bikes profile winds up looking like a beach crab with that one huge claw that doesn't look natural.

I was lucky to have access to welding stuff and slowly built up a set up on a set of Treats EBR forks for Peugeot. Ive got some pics but the setup is one off so might not help.

Best option for you, is to get a Tom is streetmate or revival front end. Theure a dirext bolt onto the peugeot

Francois Labat /

Show pic please.

I got these forks, the cheaper ones, not the beefier ones.

https://www.treatland.tv/motobecane-EBR-forks-BLACK-p/ebr-mbk-springer-forks-black.htm

I was wondering if I could weld a caliper bracket on these.

> Francois Labat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Show pic please.

>

> I got these forks, the cheaper ones, not the beefier ones.

>

> https://www.treatland.tv/motobecane-EBR-forks-BLACK-p/ebr-mbk-springer-forks-black.htm

>

> I was wondering if I could weld a caliper bracket on these.

I'd think about using the fender/brace bolts and place a bracket from those .

Welding might just cause a big headache .

You could weld a bracket on those, but they wear out pretty fast even with a drum brake. I would spend the extra 50 bucks and grab at least the 30mm tube set.

Francois Labat /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You could weld a bracket on those, but they wear out pretty fast even

> with a drum brake. I would spend the extra 50 bucks and grab at least

> the 30mm tube set.

Shoot,

I already bought them a while back. What do you mean by wear out pretty fast?

Plastic bushings are pretty weak and thr springs are even weaker. Also the whole triple tree is made from pressed steel and I have seen a few break the top plate.

Francois Labat /

Ahh I see.

Damn...

Not sure if I can return it. Might run with it for now? Just keep the stock brakes and upgrade in future I guess.

kevin Smellaflange /

bronze bushings instead of nylon/ plastic...

i have disc on my fat tire bike....

maybe there's a way to beaf up that system....Hhmmmm....

i'll have to give it a think.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account