Jetzzzzzz pizza sounds good

15475053061224463569334667972159.jpg

Re: DMP ajh 70cc reed kit from treats

Alex Hedrick /

It's like carb city over here this month haha

15475054139927243747463085470945.jpg

CM400? ewwwwww

haha just kidding. I got a pair of BHST Mikuni flatslides from my 'sled taken apart all over everywhere right now... total f'n mess. Those things have more goddamn parts in them...

yeah i dunno 90 should be plenty big. i'm starting to think daniel might be right with the foamy tony routine. you ever have any gas puke out your overflow tubes? The PHBGs will blast gas out the overflow when it happens, gives you a nice heads up.

you might wanna fuck with the float height a lil bit too? i dunno. I had a bing on my maxi that was doing that exact same thing until i set the float height like absolutely every last bit as high as i could without it pissing gas.

you know the trick by hooking up a clear hose to the pissah valve on the bottom and holding it up to see the fuel level? I would try that, its usually one of the first things i do whenever i'm getting carb weirdness.

Alex Hedrick /

Haha those big ol mikuni's are from mine and my roommates 86 yamaha phazer 480's.. just doing some cleaning and getting ready for a adventure of some sort haha.

I did set the float when I first got it, before I even put it on the e50. No feul coming out of the over flows either.. I started with the stock 70 main and worked up to a 90. I threw a 140 in and worked down. It seems to like 90 but this issue has got me stumped. I know it's something totally obvious. I just cant grasp it.. if I'm not trying to rip the thing, its awesome and fun. But its killing me not being able to really open it up and get it haha I know 42 mph is alright. But still..

yeah dude i hear ya, that is frustrating as hell... i bet the 90 jet is dead on.

maybe you could try like, uh, hanging a heavy dingus or clamp or something off the carb and see if it changes? i'm just gettin weird here. put like a quick-grip clamp on the carb and see if its any different.

thats rad on the phazers, those things are coolio. we don't have jack for snow right now, but i just got done rebuilding my vmax500 and gotta put the crabs back on it. wife and i are gonna go up north in feb for a weekend so i gotta have it running and reliable by then, yikes!

Alex Hedrick /

I'll see what I can come up with after I do all this.. (read my new thread) "re-working the jawa/e50 build". I think I'm just going to do all that fun stuff and then go from there again haha..

I need to get back up north badly. I got both sets of carbs cleaned and ready to go back on. I need to do some ripping in the snow like I'm back in 1980 hahaha

Alex Hedrick /

Decked the cylinder, have good squish now, widened the exhaust port a hair. What the hell is going on??

> Alex Hedrick Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You know this bike?!?! But I have to agree.. i thought I'd give it a

> try, and I do like it. I just hate the wall it hits. I can tell itll

> give me more, something just wont let it..

Know it and have ridden it a few times.

Was one of the first custom bikes out of DMW. Ted Sliwinski originally built it

Alex Hedrick /

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Alex Hedrick Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You know this bike?!?! But I have to agree.. i thought I'd give it a

>

> > try, and I do like it. I just hate the wall it hits. I can tell itll

>

> > give me more, something just wont let it..

>

> Know it and have ridden it a few times.

>

> Was one of the first custom bikes out of DMW. Ted Sliwinski originally

> built it

Woah.. that's actually awesome! Haha who would have thought. I bought it from a gentleman named jay.

He didnt tell me much about it, other then it needed some work.

Small world I guess huh?? Haha

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account