Derbi tt cross build

Got this bike from blk Shawn a few years back and never really did anything with it until last week. First off I have not finished this yet, just got it to roller stats before I left for holiday. This poor little guy has had over 10 owners in the past 10 years, and has always had little issues from what I can remember for homies that have owned it in the past. I decided to completely redo everything on it and start fresh. Ditched the Old engine, outa here! fitted it with the puch eurokit engine I had from another tt from the past, except this time I decided to toss a reed block adapter on the old gurl essentially Turing it into it in to a poor mans autisa. Still need to weld up a intake to fit the tm24 I plan on using but that should be done soon! I used a Kawasaki kx80 front end that came with the pile and it feels pretty Cush. Fit some shinko 244 3inch tires on so I can get as buck as I could once I take her to the mud. Anyway still a work in progress and I will be updating as the build progresses, just wanted to share while I’m in the process of building so I’m more likely to finish it without getting distracted by other projects. First pic here is how it sits currently.

93C82480-B216-4CF3-885E-C2E7408FA190.jpeg
32EEBD9E-2A18-42DB-B514-834521A52B24.jpeg
12998794-B6EE-457D-879C-876FFFF685F6.jpeg

Re: Derbi tt cross build

As you can see the frame brace needed to go so I got a nice chunk of flat stock and replaced it a little further back.

495FC3ED-CAFF-4E81-9517-D4C9CB436124.jpeg
while I was checking that out decided to fix the cracked engine mount that typically happened to variants (don’t forget to drill a small hole at the end of the crack).
349DBFF1-3CA5-4D1F-ADE9-33894C555224.jpeg
should be better now but we shall see once I take it out.
49306B0C-8B93-492F-A210-28F73B25160D.jpeg

well that’s it for now, will update as soon as I get time to dick with it again.

Didn't Mike biery get this from the cuperteens?

are you going to punch through the boost port so it goes into the intake and put a big old hole in the side of the piston to match?

Cristian Luna /

Ugh this is exactly what I want to do with my tt I already have the reed block adapter I just need everything else lol after I finish my grillo the derbi will get some love !

Looks cute with those Kawasaki forks

> Ryan N. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Didn't Mike biery get this from the cuperteens?

Yuperz, Beezys old bike!

Also the eurokit has boost ports so I just made em a tad larger to see how it acts first! Should be fun once I finish it up.

Oh man I rode this bike back in the day at an IRE rally. It was so much fun and is the reason why I love derbis now.

My current project in incredibly similar. Damn I gotta get back to work..

Lookin’ good, good lookin’!

> Ryan N. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh man I rode this bike back in the day at an IRE rally. It was so much

> fun and is the reason why I love derbis now.

Ya it’s a pretty well known derbi that’s for sure! Has been around the block a few times with the big boys.

Just got it running a bit ago and just as I suspected it ripps. It’s so twerky off the Line it’s a task to keep the front end down haha. Going to play with it some more but it’s almost there.

36F01352-3559-493F-A6D5-2A55F2409316.jpeg
35955EBD-6AEB-48E6-8308-020EAA4C57A0.jpeg
F94BDFC6-BF27-4540-BEF7-2308E6FAF6F5.jpeg

Love to see pedals still on it.

Yummm

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account