Hobbit performance

I’m rebuilding my first hobbit, it currently has a dr 70cc kit, I have a 7 port Parma kit that I could also use, any thoughts??

Re: Hobbit performance

What's your full setup?

Re: Hobbit performance

Mlm sidebleed, 24 flatslide so far

Re: Hobbit performance

#1, get tjt with treat plate.

Then, Port the DR cyl and piston, then get better reeds. Get a V block reed and riser. That's getting it .

Re: Hobbit performance

Oh wait, you better swap the crank before the TJT. They like to break. Weak ass cranks

Re: Hobbit performance

I currently have a trickmetric 6 variator I'm planning on using, will look into porting the dr.

Thanks

Re: Hobbit performance

Trick 6 doesn't compare but better than stock. Stock vari sucks

Re: Hobbit performance

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Trick 6 doesn't compare but better than stock. Stock vari sucks

With my DR kit I got more top speed and takeoff out of my notched stock vario with moped factory weights thank the trick 6. I tried super heavy and super light weights......no difference. It was not good. Find a TJT or get the DOS version. Finally saw how one acts this the Treats plate. It was super impressive. When I changed from the Trick 6 I was upper 40s. When I changed to the TJT I was hitting low 60s. I was shocked at the difference. Like fucking world changing.

Re: Hobbit performance

tjt vario

tjt ramp plate...…. I like the pickup compared to a derbi plate or haven't tried the trick 6 plate from treats, but I seen a couple pics of broken ones.

mat'l issue on the treats plate, the tjt ramp plate rips.

parma is nickasil..if you smoke it, no honing

port the dr... same as polini…...rip it

have fun on the 24mm..

I like the malossi intake with a 21-22mm del.

cut the airbox, bolts in stock location.

don't stick out...….snaps off....whatever...….yer ped.

m95 sidebleed you using.....

Re: Hobbit performance

Emil Kniemel /

> CtpEDsHED . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> tjt vario

>

> tjt ramp plate...…. I like the pickup compared to a derbi plate or

> haven't tried the trick 6 plate from treats, but I seen a couple pics of

> broken ones.

>

> mat'l issue on the treats plate, the tjt ramp plate rips.

>

> parma is nickasil..if you smoke it, no honing

>

> port the dr... same as polini…...rip it

>

> have fun on the 24mm..

>

> I like the malossi intake with a 21-22mm del.

>

> cut the airbox, bolts in stock location.

>

> don't stick out...….snaps off....whatever...….yer ped.

>

> m95 sidebleed you using.....

its not a trick 6 plate. its the treats rumpus plate. they have one in steel now. get that. its seriously a game changer.

https://www.treatland.tv/treats-rumpus-plate-for-TJT-variator-STEEL-p/treats-cnc-tjt-ramp-plate-v1.htm

Looks like the STEEL version is black now where it used to be silver and the aluminum was black.

Re: Hobbit performance

Yes steel rumpus plate is fucking amazing

Re: Hobbit performance

New prototype I'm trying out is amazing, I will post something on them once they're released. There are multiple ramp angles I've been testing and results are good. Ive only used it on 2 stock bikes with different pipes, will do a side by side comparison vs the tjt/rumpus plate.

Re: Hobbit performance

It's really amazing how much the treats rumpus plate eliminates the need for stronger springs. It's just fantastic.

Strong springs rob power but used to be required in order to not overvariate..

These treats plates change the whole trans tuning game.

I'm going to mod some scooter ramp plates on my horizontal minarelli crazy build because it always overvariates without a super strong spring. A steeper ramp for the top 1/4 of the roller travel will make that bike so much more reliable at top speed without falling out of the band once the spring gets heat soaked and collapses

Re: Hobbit performance

Amazing!

Re: Hobbit performance

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> #1, get tjt with treat plate.

>

> Then, Port the DR cyl and piston, then get better reeds. Get a V block

> reed and riser. That's getting it .

hah, as I was reading down, I though "wait, did jbot really recommend that with the stock crank?"

*scroll down*

"ok."

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account