Puch 44mm(63ccm) Airsal

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Hello, i would like to know how your longtime experience was with the 44mm Airsal Puch cylinders, i just put one on yesterday, it runs quite good, haven't ported the Crankcase and i am running it with stock 13:45 Gearing, 12mm Bing carb with opened Filter, 66 Mainjet, 22mm Exhaust and a modified 50ccm Cylinder with 4.2ccm Chamber and 1.1mm Squishgap, i am topping out at about 32mph and didn't even have to retune the Cluch.

Re: Puch 44mm(63ccm) Airsal

That's about 9k rpms, sounds about right with that exhaust, around 35 is what I would be expecting from that set up. Was my first kit, I cut the piston 2mm on the piston and widened the exhaust a bit, that set up pulled great with a 6p. Its a well timed cylinder, Airsal are my favorite for their price range.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

jup, runs great right now, i was thinking of possibly putting a 15mm Carb and 28mm Biturbo on it, but i think that would be to much, i don't like the Look of the Biturbo on my Puch and don't realy need to go faster than 25 most times.

airsal 65 (no case match) + 15 bing (hi flo filter) + boss pipe + 15/45 = an easy 45mph

Chöschi21 C.K. /

So, done with tuning, might need to retune the Cluch a little, is there a Rule of thumb for tuning a 3 Shoe CLuch on E50's? like half a turn gets you 200rpm later stall or something like that?

I get to a top speed of 31mph and can go up a 22% Hill at about 22-25mph.

clutch tuning is going to depend on so many factors, its pretty tough to say, i go by the amount of force required to get them to come off their seat, measured by pressing down on a block of wood on a bathroom scale.... so basically totally irrelevant but i know how 25, 30, 35 etc lbs will perform.

if you tip your bike over on its side and have a good clutch puller, its easy enough to tune, check, tune, check a couple tries you should get it right.

i would definitely upgrade to a 14+ mm bing, every time i have kitted a 12mm bing, it doesn't run well at all. too hard to keep them from four stroking on top, without running lean down low.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Wel, i hoped thet where was an easy rule to find out, but thank you. Also, i tried a 15mm Bing Carb, yes, it ran a little bit better in the higher RPM's, but i lost a little bit of Power down low, wich is more relevant for me.

Also, i got up the 22% Hill where i live a little worse with the 15mm.

Bings also have 2 different needle tapers and you can adjust the height....go 15 if you can and tune it.

Graham has the right method on lock. Easy to tune like that. I have even done it with a za50 and swapping out springs.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Tried the different Needles, also different Nozzles or how you call them, the 12mm Bing just seems to Run a little better.

hmm the results are consistent with the wrong atomizer/needle- you should not loose any low end power.

maybe try swapping in your 12 bing atomizer/needle? see if that changes the behavior

Chöschi21 C.K. /

I always lost Low end Power on nearly every engine, when i put on a Bigger Carb, and right now i don't see a Reason to Swap the Carb because it is fast enough and is nearly good enough Powerwise.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Okay, Fuck it, Tried retuning the Cluch, seems to be a Cheap Knock off 3 Shoe, always engaged to early, even on the Stock setup, i am in 5 Turns on every Screw, max is 5, i am barely close enough to where it should be, those Turns nearly made no difference, it's drivable now and pulls nicely, but its just grabbing to early, i am going to buy a Surflex 3 Shoe with the blue Springs and long Pads like the ones found in Supermaxi's next Month and try that one. Also, i did ride it to Work today with a Biturbo on it, with that i gained about 5kmh(3mph) and lost a little down low. I realy like the Look and sound of the Tecno Bos, how does i compare to a 22mm Stock or the Biturbo powerwise?

Chöschi21 C.K. /

And i think my crank starts to die, fml...

if you are looking for low end, both the biturbo and boss are a terrible choice. Boss is far and away the worst low end pipe and minimal gains on top, biturbo has slightly better top end and some midrange.

a large carb with a proma GP or proma circuit will have much much more low end and top end than a small carb on a tecno boss or biturbo, bullet, etc.

i cant even comprehend running a 12 mm bing, i did it once because a very stupid customer insisted that i do it that way and it was terrible. sure plenty of low end but you can build a stock cylinder bike to easily out perform a 45mm piston port kit with 12 bing.

more lowend? thats what gearing is for.

you might be able to make your clutch work by just replacing the springs. most of my bikes get a good ol' 2 shoe clutch with aftermarket springs, and thats it.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Got some blue Springs and long Cluch shoes already, also, how the hell am i supposed to get my Puch stock ish looking with a big carb and Circuit or GP pipe? Probably just going wit the stock Sachs exhaust.

This pipe?

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-proma-GP-p/puch-proma-gp-raw.htm

its pretty tough to tell that isn't stock, you can always paint it black and bolt a stock maxi heat sheild to it and nobody will know. much much sneakier than a tecno boss or biturbo.

the 14/15 bing is exactly the same as a stock one.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Looks less stock than the Boss, also, tried the 15mm, didn't have as much low end, will try when i get the Sachs or Boss pipe, not sure yet.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Did you see this pipe? it's the closest to stock looking that I've seen. The reviews are inconclusive. A chamber is hidden in the stock looking long section.

sectionhttps://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-flat-port-SILENT-NINJA-pipe-p/mlm-puch-pipe-401174.htm

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Seen it, didn't consider it, don't think Treatland will export their stuff to Swizzerland, was thinking about this exhaust: https://www.mofakult.ch/set-auspuff-resonanz-o28-70-mm-puch-maxi-puch-x30-sport

also has a Chamber inside and heard from the same guy i got the Cluxh parts from that it gets you quite a bit of Low end on a bigger Kit.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Did you ask Treats if they ship overseas? I'm sure it won't be cheap. But if they do ship, and have another sale, which they often do, then there's a good option.

Treats ship worldwide. Have you tried jmpb in Holland, or puchshop? Otherwise German ebay is usually well stocked.

Swiing pipe rips. Alex has one on a polini'd za/4petal/vm22 with 22x35 gearing and it pulls really hard into the 50s. I have the tecno 28mm stock pipe and while it has a better sound the sachs pipe is better.

daniel you are making me question my religion... haven't tuned with a stock pipe in years.

I was running a super old fucked up mk80 that would barely idle with a magnum stock pipe a while ago. Now I've got a hero and it is really awesome too, definitely try it again sometime Graham.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

She Still rattles when i go of the Throttle, probably going to save on not buying a pipe and just get a different head, if that won't help i probalby will need to tear down the Engine, it seems to only happen when i run it full throttle for some time, so when i gets realy hot, what else could it be?

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Just Pulled the Cylinder on my Maxi, everybody, lets guess what's wrong with it...

smeared ring

Ooh fun game, I'll guess..circlip came out?

Cracked skirt .

Ring locator pin broke or fell out?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account