The new spacer from SPACE is here!

Maitland Of the Loin /

first off, I did not make these but I stumbled upon them

super psyched how they look and what they will let you do on a V1L

https://www.treatland.tv/spacer-from-space-ROUND-3-p/minarelli-spacer-from-space-v3.htm

https://www.treatland.tv/spacer-from-space-ROUND-2-p/minarelli-spacer-from-space-v2.htm

Re: The new spacer from SPACE is here!

Whoa....super rad

Dirty30 Dillon /

Very cool thing for those dedicated to the V1/V1L platform.

It would be interesting to see how such a peaky cylinder works for a one speed. Also curious how V1 goers are going to induct it.

hmmm cool,

i got one of these in the works too but its a slightly different dimension... interesting.

Maitland Of the Loin /

I have assembled a 75cc GPR kit onto a v1L bottom end, with a V1 crank since it's a 43mm stroke kit

Had a crazy big Vforce reedblock made for it too, and planning to run the hammer, which I think is a necessity (or some other crazy high stall clutch)

Still haven't ran the motor yet, but I expect it to destroy itself at one point. I think single speed kits work with the v1's optimal range of 6000-9000 RPM, just got to keep it there

> Maitland Of the Loin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think single speed kits work with the v1's optimal range of

> 6000-9000 RPM, just got to keep it there

I think you'll have difficulty with that. most gpr/am6 kits are supposed to be 10k+

Yeah for a one speed you want something like a stock cylinder off a am-6,

Who has used a derbi kit on a vl1? Looking for input from others who have built similar set ups. I'm gonna be trying this out with the v1 crank and the fatter spacer. Might need to mill it down a littlw bit, but I'm hoping to get some useable torque out of one of those airsal 70 kits.

Biggie ran the 47mm airsal on a v1l for a while.

Maitland Of the Loin /

Fair point.

I was basing those numbers off how well the polini works at those RPM with the case pressure and generally higher compression (than other mopeds) that the V1 has.

Lowering compression (1 ring or otherwise) would let you push that ideal range up to 10k+, but you basically have to use a hammer clutch

how bout a KTM clutch? or did everyone pretty much decide those aint no good.

Maitland Of the Loin /

The Minarelli hammer never had any major flaws in it, unlike a few other models

More just needed to be made

Word is a Buzzard holds the clutch key...

15481198303031063553490.jpg

It took cutting about 2mm off the piston and 1mm off the cylinder skirt to make it fit. Then had to remove most of the top right fins to clear the intake. All and all not too hard to make it work. Havent hit the power band on the n8p yet, but it seems promising.

OMG....heavy breathing.

isn't that special!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account