Re: 3d printed hard to find parts

punkrock randy /

Damn i wish Tucson was a bit closer to me. Id love a front fender for Champ LC50 that I wouldn’t have to keep gluing to hold together:(

ADA3B780-41D7-4B1A-AFF5-BD0271F8CF2C.jpeg

you got some info on the grips? my work is trying to dabble in the production of grips we have been playing with some 3d software any tips?

kevin Smellaflange /

clay...do you do a lot of carbon fiber work?

i'm thinking of switching to carbon to replace all my older fiberglass parts..

i'm still using my 1964 meyers manx, and i'm using parts of a vw roof design to give me a basic smooth shape that i can draw out & mold...

carbon fiber is soOoO0Ooo much lighter & stronger.

the out gassing of glass work only lets me work for a short time, vented etc.

Vespa battery box cover lids!!!!

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Few people know Kevlar is 13% lighter than Carbon and is often woven together to form a much stronger part because it has the properties of both. Don't ask how I know. It's too long of a story

QT50 speedo gears would be at the top of my list.

speedo gear.jpg

Clay Forrey /

So I finally built a printer for larger parts and engineering materials. Specifically ultem ( pictured) but I can print any material at any temperature in this printer. Ultem is a magnesium replacement, that is self extinguishing, and has max operating temp of 250C.

The build envelope is 21" x 21" x 24" and heated. I haven't been here recently so maybe it's best to call if you want something made. 5203495444

You have to send me a part, I can't make a part that I can't measure.

IMG_20190502_164511.jpg
IMG_20190428_171825.jpg
IMG_20190501_164730.jpg

> Ninja . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Vespa battery box cover lids!!!!

Funny you mention that, I was looking through my parts yesterday and saw that all my vespa battery box cover lids are cracked. I glued one back together and have been transferring it into CAD so I can try 3D printing one.

I second the request for QT50 battery boxes. White plastic. I need 2.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account