Making my Moby 7 faster

I've been working on my Moby 7 for a while now and the biggest upgrade I did was throwing a delorto Sha on it. The old gurtner was spitting gas and I could only get to about 23mph. The Sha brought me up to 28. Looking at the 3 different models released, it looks like I got the slowest rated to go only 20 mph. So I got my hands on a 15mm intake that I installed today hoping to see a difference from the stock 10mm. Low and behold I still top out at 28mph. What gives? I just want to hit 35mph to keep up with traffic. I guess I'm let down that this part didn't make a difference, advice?

Re: Making my Moby 7 faster

Good searching in the wiki

Read the Wiki about porting your cylinder and opening your pipe up

Somebody recently tried to tell me about an adapter bracket for the 7, is this a real thing?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Somebody recently tried to tell me about an adapter bracket for the 7,

> is this a real thing?

I don't see how it could be. Frame doesn't have enough clearance to be variated.

that's what i thought too. i've never had one nor really considered it, just trying to piece together this incomplete patch in my knowledge

I have always wanted on to mess with. I have seen pics of one with a Tomos topend but idk if it ever said how it ran.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Somebody recently tried to tell me about an adapter bracket for the 7,

> is this a real thing?

i just picked up a moby7. the trippy thing is the motor mounts on a bracket ala pug but with two studs sticking out up top. Theres two moby rubber vibration that are perpendicular to the bike and it hangs there.

Anonymous User /
scootertrash

> MPB Andyrew Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Somebody recently tried to tell me about an adapter bracket for the 7,

>

> > is this a real thing?

>

> I don't see how it could be. Frame doesn't have enough clearance to be

> variated.

523804DD-D787-410D-9723-38CCD7F0BD2D.jpeg
EDA37121-53C2-4DCE-BE6D-71CD589C65E3.jpeg

MidMoPeds Sam built a dual variated Lucky7. Fixed AV7 to hobbit wheel, it worked fine.

..or mabe it’s that 7 engine with the trippy mounts. ;)

I love that he used horse shoes to mount the rear wheel. Hahaa(edited)

That's pretty rad! Sure dual variation is a way to get around the usually swing of the Moby engine. But sure doesn't looks like something that could just be slapped on.

Only "plug and play" dual set up is to find a very difficult to locate driven pulley from a old PUG BBV or PUG 104V or PUG Vogue. 16mm pedal shaft on Peugeots, so aside from shimming a little it is ZIM-ZAM-ZOOM

DualVariator2.jpg

Or an DRG Concept pulley (made of French unobtanium and unicorn horn dust)

poulievariatricergd001.jpg

> MPB Andyrew Wrote:

> That's pretty rad! Sure dual variation is a way to get around the

> usually swing of the Moby engine. But sure doesn't looks like something

> that could just be slapped on.

Flandria Bermuda mopeds also came with dual variated pulleys. You can also probably track down a 2 spd solo pulley too. I think I would actually prefer the latter because planetary gears are so rad.

if you now have the power, then play with the gearing

Mild port job, SHA15:15 and a nice circuit pipe and you could be cruising in the mid 30s if you have the right gearing.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account