dellorto slide tuning

Hi!

I'm doing research about SHA tuning and those slides are really expensive. A throttle slide by its self is 9 bucks over at treatland or ebay or mopedjunkyard, even the dang plastic slides cost that much. What the dang? I bought an entire clone SHA 14:12 for $17. What the double dang?

And hey, check this out:

I compared the ebay clone to my genuine Dellorto carbs (got a small pile of them) it seems that the clones have the performance mods already done: slide slant, short needle valve , bigger throat bore, emulsion tube drilled out, even a brass insert pressed into idler hole. Slick stuff for $17. What the tripple dang?

I put it on the bitch

Landon Buell /

So, I took that cheap Chinese ebay clone dellorto 1412 carburetor that seemed to have a bunch of performance mods already done to it and disassembled it. then I did all the finish machining and lapping that you need to do on chinesium castings. Then I cleaned it real good and rebuilt it with all the bits from the genuine dellorto carb that came stock on the Tomos. I used the choke lever from my old Demm Bike for spirit energy and shit.

I slapped that bitch on my kitted a35 and whooooooohooooo. It was made for it. The power is so nice and smooth. The sound is lovely. Just joy. Face hurts from smiling so much. So, yeah. There’s that.

Re: I put it on the bitch

Sounds like you did something right . ;)

Re: dellorto slide tuning

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

http://outofcontrolmopeds.blogspot.com/2012/03/dellorto-sha-boring.html?m=1

I love it. I always refer to Ghrams blog about slide tuning. This changed my world for helping my friends with their SHA. You can really get it tuned right by doing this. Big jet for kits that are thirsty and get a good idle. (edited)

Nothing performance about Sha carb phbg all the way. Only thing an sha is good for is easy to use and moped will be reliable and nothing like tuning a phbg but together with an intake to match it really transformed my bike made it a monster instead of a kitten with the sha. Depends on what you want stockish or fully decked out top to bottom gets very expensive but fun.

I did buy a clone for my stock A35. I put in the stock jet and slide from the old one. It ran like poop, so I put the old one back. What could have caused this?

first name last name /

> Drew Willis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I did buy a clone for my stock A35. I put in the stock jet and slide

> from the old one. It ran like poop, so I put the old one back. What

> could have caused this?

You're lacking skills of the fundamentals of tuning a carburetor.

I know, gotta try again.

Landon Buell /

If it was factory modded like mine was, it would run poorly on a stock bike. Education solves most problems. We don’t know your skill set. The problem could be air leaks, poor casing of clone, bad tuning, anything. Smoke some weed and spend a few hours reading forums, wiki, etc. PM me for specific help. I’m not en expert but I’m good at learning.

Landon Buell /

My clone would have run like poop. The casting was good but the finishing was sloppy. I had to grind, sand, lap and polish. I made sure there were clean pathways for air and fuel with no restrictions and I made sure that all of the sealing parts had perfectly flat surfaces to avoid air leaks. I cleaned it with a buttload of carb cleaner to make sure that no grit blocked mah holes. My precious tiny holes. I used a thicker bowl gasket too. I used two head gaskets. Treated all gaskets with a thin coating of 2stroke oil before installing.

Landon Buell /

Also if it was a modded clone, the clone’s slide might be slanted. The stock slide you used in it wouldn’t be tuned to the modified emulsion tube in the clone. Look at the emulsion tube on both carbs and compare them. Stock should be small round holes. Performance modded clone might have an oval hole and an enlarged round hole. If it does, a stock, unmodified slide would restrict the air it needs. Does the clone’s slide have an angle ground into the bottom?

first name last name /

This Thread is useless.

All SHA China Clones are not created equal, there are some real turds out there and then there are some great ones, which sounds like what you found.

Then there’s also the Spanish Dellorto (Arbeo--Bilbao) SHA. Some of these have an adjustable idle mixture screw and are of very high quality.

So since you’re so proud of your find maybe you wouldn’t mind sharing a link to where we can purchase one of these awsome carbs. Please and thank you.

Landon Buell /

Just a random sha clone off eBay.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account