Can anyone please show me how to disristrict my scooter. (Video)

jason rodriguez /

Hey guys so i bought a Chinese scooter about 3 months ago and it was a 49 cc at the time. I upgraded it to 110 cc and it runs about 35-40 on flat surface but wont go over that. Going down hill it only reaches about 43 and no matter how long im going down hill it will not go faster than 43. I asked the shop to remove the restricter but they said its not a good idea so i decided not to. Now i want to remove it and go a tad faster but not abuse it. I have searched videos online but since my scooter is chinese i can't really find one to relate to. I posted all the wires i could find that i think is connected to the restricter and was hoping to see if anyone knows which wire is the one that i need to disconnect. I would greatly appreciate the help!

Re: Can anyone please show me how to disristrict my scooter. (Video)

Now that you have so much added torque you can re-gear the rear transmission. Lots of gear sets for those.

jason rodriguez /

I'm guessing I should let a shop do that? Or is that something I can do easily? Also if you or anyone knows any other ways to add a bit more top speed without spending much that would be cool.

not a moped.

Did you rejet the carburetor?

jason rodriguez /

No sir. I am a complete noob when it comes to this. They did tell me it had a restrictor though. How do i rejet the carb? I do tend to smell a lot of gas after riding too and i dont get a lot of gas mileage. Is it because of bad air fuel mixture ratio?

A really big sledgehammer or a cutting torch would work quite well. No restrictions!

49ccscoot.com

Non restricted cdi

May have a restriction ring in the variator.

Man u got serious cc's but will get dusted by most tuners on here with less than 70cc

> Derek Cox Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Man u got serious cc's but will get dusted by most tuners on here with

> less than 70cc

He says 110 but it's probably an honest 80 or so, and chinese 4 stroke, so that's like the equivalent of like 30cc in 2 stroke power.

I threw one of the giant bore kits on a 139qmb and it lasted maybe 100 miles before self destructing. Things are disposable entertainment.

Bad Cadillac™ /

MOPED ARMY (does not include scooter army sorry)

Join CHINESE SCOOTER ARMY instead (edited)

jason rodriguez /

Im just going to take it to the shop lol but thanks for the help. Yea for the 49 ccs that i had when he put the 110 big bore i mainly noticed a difference in acceleration but even then it wasn't much. Luckily for it to be chinese the new cc kit has lasted more then 300 miles and it's still strong but i only use this for work which is like 15 mins 1 way and 15 mins back and thats it. Also, thanks for clarifying that this is a scooter. Thought it was all very similar to be honest.

yeah it's likely a combination of poor carb tuning and untouched or poorly done transmission tuning.

by transmission tuning, look into how a CVT works on a scooter. The weights in the variator need to be adjusted with engine output to ensure you're getting the widest range of gear ratios you can. A reputable (read not a fly-by-night chinese scooter importer) scooter shop should be fairly proficient at reweighting your variator for improved results. As mentioned some scooters come with a little ring in between the front variator cheeks that wont allow it to close all the way, thus limiting your effective top gearing.

It's not out of the question that your CDI is restricted by a curve or an outright rev limiter, but I would look into the other issues first.

most scooter help i've seen in 10 yrs.

rejet carb too buddy, gonna seize.

Mixture issues in a four stroke can cause exhaust valve burning. More so if too lean. The problem is that a lean mixture burns slow enough that when the exhaust valve opens the charge is still burning across the valve face and can get red hot and oxidize.

first name last name /

I'm not sure which is worse feeding the troll or feeding a scooter user.

But you definitely don't want to feed a scooter troll.

> first name last name Wrote:

> I'm not sure which is worse feeding the troll or feeding a scooter user.

>

> But you definitely don't want to feed a scooter troll.

We're probably safe , as a scooter troll wouldn't ever even think of doing a moped site . LOL

You should probably install pedals on it. You can gain an extra 8 mph that way.

first name last name /

It'll go a lot faster if you take the express tunnel.

I’m pretty sure that derestricting a Chinese scooter is removing the rev limiter. You don’t want to blow up your engine.

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> 49ccscoot.com

>

> Non restricted cdi

>

> May have a restriction ring in the variator.

^^^^^yup all are CDI restricted also upjet before you blow it up stop riding immediately put in at least 85 depends on other mods is it stock exhaust stock air box? Some have carb restrictors so they can't open all the way or a collar in exhaust header to limit flow or what he said variator spacer belt can't travel fully. It's 4 stroke without spending a ton and buying everything available you won't see over40-45 even with bore kit change the carb and intake also to a bigger unit the larger engine needs a larger one. All parts can be had cheap but add up I try to stay away from cheap crap like critical parts. Do some google searches there's tons of info.

I had to have a friend distract my scooter into the backyard while me and my girlfriend beat it out the front door for an evening of dinner and drinks.

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> I had to have a friend distract my scooter into the backyard while me

> and my girlfriend beat it out the front door for an evening of dinner

> and drinks.

Talk about sneaky . LOL

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account