Re: E50 Athena AJH

I had a chance today to take my build for a quick test pass and let me say omg. dude this thing is scary when the pipe hits, I had the front wheel about 3-4" of the ground and I was letting off because I was scared shit less. When I got home I had the biggest smile on my face but dam it scared me! (edited)

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I had a chance today take my build for a quick test pass and let me say

> omg. dude this thing is scary when the pipe hits, I had the front wheel

> about 3-4" of the ground. When I got home I had the biggest smile on my

> face but dam i was scared me!

What’s your full setup? I put stiffer clutch springs in mine and it flies off the line

Re: E50 Athena AJH

It was built with all swap meet and cheap chines parts.

Ajh kit, paired with a cheap jamoicoil two pce pipe, 21 mm dellorto phbg, mlm intake sitting on a $7 Chines clone malossi am6 reed block, 3 shoe clutch with blue spring @ 30lb, 14x40 gearing, roll start rolling on a stock frame puch maxi s yellow frame.

Nothing fancy, this kit just makes awesome power! I could only imagine if I built it out more and set the tune to kill. Like I said I'm already scared with a stock ignition and three shoe (edited)

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It was built with all swap meet and cheap chines parts.

>

> Ajh kit, paired with a cheap jamoicoil two pce pipe, 21 mm dellorto

> phbg, mlm intake sitting on a $7 Chines clone malossi am6 reed block, 3

> shoe clutch with blue spring @ 30lb, 14x40 gearing, roll start rolling

> on a stock frame puch maxi s yellow frame.

>

> Nothing fancy, this kit just makes awesome power! I could only imagine

> if I built it out more and set the tune to kill. Like I said I'm already

> scared with a stock ignition and three shoe

I run a two shoe myself lol! With a brace plate.

Have you raised your cylinder to correct the piston in the exhaust port at BDC problem. I played with raising my cylinder between 2mm and 3.5mm and settled on 2.5mm. Had the top of the cylinder miles down to give decent squish with my head

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Three shoe no brace lol.

My machine shop counter sunk the head to like 3.2 mm with 1.2 of squish. I also ran a plate to get the piston rings out of the exhaust port @ Bdc (you can also use a shorter piston instead of raiser plate)

The kit is completely messed up, even the exhaust cooling fins have to be cut. I don't know what they had in mind because even the stroker crank won't get you there

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Three shoe no brace lol.

>

> My machine shop counter sunk the head to like 3.2 mm with 1.2 of squish.

> I also ran a plate to get the piston rings out of the exhaust port @ Bdc

> (you can also use a shorter piston instead of raiser plate)

>

> The kit is completely messed up, even the exhaust cooling fins have to

> be cut. I don't know what they had in mind because even the stroker

> crank won't get you there

What sort of compression you getting with that setup. I get 210psi

That’s another way to get their, Ive got a treats o ring hi hi compression head which really has too small of a combustion chamber and I may change this. Also I’m wanting to change the piston at some point as this one doesn’t seem the strongest

I’ve seen various ones fit but. I’ve seen those treats ones. I wouldn’t mind trying the Polini mb5 piston

It’s like they sold it in a detuned state. Like a “set your squish if you can” kind of detune lol. But yeah once get them sorted they rip! And weirdly share similar port timings with Lambretta Rapido 225cc kits. Well once you raise them 2mm or so ;)

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Didnt check compression because it's a push start ( can be awkward). I run my compression on the low side because I buy crappy gasoline lol (edited)

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Didnt check compression because it's a push start ( can be awkward). I

> run my compression on the low side because I buy crappy gasoline lol

I spend on the two stroke not supreme gas. My bike really runs better on fully synthetic. Just feels smoother.

Elastic band your lever or tape and get running lol

Re: E50 Athena AJH

The crank pressure is definitely high! I literally have been wrenching for 3 days trying to find out why it's popping at high rpm. I removed the magneto to night and found the crank seal blown out. I put a plate there to hold the seal, I'm hoping to make a good successful past tomorrow!

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The crank pressure is definitely high! I literally have been wrenching

> for 3 days trying to find out why it's popping at high rpm. I removed

> the magneto to night and found the crank seal blown out. I put a plate

> there to hold the seal, I'm hoping to make a good successful past

> tomorrow!

Viton or regular seal? Those viton ones are pretty stiff

Re: E50 Athena AJH

> Adam Smith Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The crank pressure is definitely high! I literally have been wrenching

>

> > for 3 days trying to find out why it's popping at high rpm. I removed

>

> > the magneto to night and found the crank seal blown out. I put a plate

>

> > there to hold the seal, I'm hoping to make a good successful past

>

> > tomorrow!

>

> Viton or regular seal? Those viton ones are pretty stiff

Viton seals have a much higher resistance to hardening .

In other words , they have a much longer working life .

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Adam Smith Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > The crank pressure is definitely high! I literally have been

> wrenching

>

> >

>

> > > for 3 days trying to find out why it's popping at high rpm. I

> removed

>

> >

>

> > > the magneto to night and found the crank seal blown out. I put a

> plate

>

> >

>

> > > there to hold the seal, I'm hoping to make a good successful past

>

> >

>

> > > tomorrow!

>

> >

>

> > Viton or regular seal? Those viton ones are pretty stiff

>

> Viton seals have a much higher resistance to hardening .

>

> In other words , they have a much longer working life .

Interesting. I used viton seals with some bearing retainer to hold them in

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Your all going to laugh...but I actually bought a crank on the buy forum for $20 bucks shipped and reused the bearings and seals.

This build was just something I slapped together because iv had multiple issue getting this kit to run properly at wot. Iv build 3 engines around this kit over the course of two winters and have change like everything.

Well today it scared the crap out of me and I was able to go wot with no issues. I had to harvest my hpi ignition from my race engine and upjet from 85 to 98 ( definitely need a higher jet but Il have to buy some). All my 70cc bikes run high 80 jets , this kits it just a beast with a jet in the 105 + range.

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Your all going to laugh...but I actually bought a crank on the buy forum

> for $20 bucks shipped and reused the bearings and seals.

>

> This build was just something I slapped together because iv had multiple

> issue getting this kit to run properly at wot. Iv build 3 engines around

> this kit over the course of two winters and have change like everything.

>

> Well today it scared the crap out of me and I was able to go wot with no

> issues. I had to harvest my hpi ignition from my race engine and upjet

> from 85 to 98 ( definitely need a higher jet but Il have to buy some).

> All my 70cc bikes run high 80 jets , this kits it just a beast with a

> jet in the 105 + range.

Very nice. My bike runs 165 jet in a Mikuni TM24

Re: E50 Athena AJH

> Adam Smith Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Your all going to laugh...but I actually bought a crank on the buy

> forum

>

> > for $20 bucks shipped and reused the bearings and seals.

>

> >

>

> > This build was just something I slapped together because iv had

> multiple

>

> > issue getting this kit to run properly at wot. Iv build 3 engines

> around

>

> > this kit over the course of two winters and have change like

> everything.

>

> >

>

> > Well today it scared the crap out of me and I was able to go wot with

> no

>

> > issues. I had to harvest my hpi ignition from my race engine and

> upjet

>

> > from 85 to 98 ( definitely need a higher jet but Il have to buy some).

>

> > All my 70cc bikes run high 80 jets , this kits it just a beast with a

>

> > jet in the 105 + range.

>

> Very nice. My bike runs 165 jet in a Mikuni TM24

Phbg 21mm, it fucking screams with 14x40 gearing! The 8 dollar reed block from chine is definitely the shit lol

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

New 8 petal reedblock fully in and airtight.

Bike picks up much better. And with less fuel spitback from the carb

6C6EFDE6-BFC0-44F6-912F-174DA4F2DC20.jpeg
8D975B2D-B54A-46BE-8736-0D3D955AC334.jpeg

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

Had the bike out on the road with the new reedblock. High speed runs with WOT now topping out at 340f. 50mph was 320f.

And around town was 280-290f.

First 1/8 of the throttle feels tighter. Less of a warble from the carb mouth.

All that extra flow of 8 petals

Re: E50 Athena AJH

holy god man those gaskets, haha!

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Nice sandwich

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Really though its only one more gaskest than the malossi guy on a tomos/polini. I actually like the ajh with the mb5 spacers + 8 petal. I have ns50 reeds in my ajh without a spacer and it rips so hard on a za.

Re: E50 Athena AJH

That is slow for this kit especially with all that work. You should be seeing at least 60mph on a good build.

Yea that’s a lot of gaskets! I going to eventually make a spacer from 1” aluminum plate and maybe even jbweld into place on the cylinder.

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That is slow for this kit especially with all that work. You should be

> seeing at least 60mph on a good build.

>

> Yea that’s a lot of gaskets! I going to eventually make a spacer from 1”

> aluminum plate and maybe even jbweld into place on the cylinder.

I tried it dry without gasket goo and it leaked like a biatch.

I don’t take it above 10.5k rpm very often as it’s my daily use bike. I had 58mph before. Will do another top speed run once it’s got a digital variable cdi installed.

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Really though its only one more gaskest than the malossi guy on a

> tomos/polini. I actually like the ajh with the mb5 spacers + 8 petal. I

> have ns50 reeds in my ajh without a spacer and it rips so hard on a za.

I have the reedblock and manifold here for ns50. Cool bikes. 8 petal is just better. I never tried a 4 petal kind just the stock one and this

Re: E50 Athena AJH

yeah i wasn't digging on ya, sorry if it came out like that, i was just joking around. i'm kinda anal about cutting my gaskets... vespa life will do that to ya.

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> yeah i wasn't digging on ya, sorry if it came out like that, i was just

> joking around. i'm kinda anal about cutting my gaskets... vespa life

> will do that to ya.

lol you can see my clutch gasket peeping in on that photo too. I like them with some adjust in them

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

been busy today, had one of the two intake spacers i was using crack when i took it apart, so inspired by jbots threads i ordered some alu off ebay and went to making a reedblock spacer for my AM6 stage 6 8 petal reedblock

67671040_10156551931537864_6353536045706903552_n.jpg
67671040_10156551931537864_6353536045706903552_n.jpg
67641933_10156552782552864_6716851684372381696_n.jpg

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

few more photos

67868061_10156552390637864_4116559899326939136_n.jpg
P060911_17.430002.JPG
67552275_10156552391752864_98598258544214016_n.jpg

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

fitted it runs great! i'm very happy with it.

i didnt take a picture of it after i did some filing to square it out and flattened the gasket faces on some wet and dry

67649264_10156553183532864_6589931470880505856_n.jpg

Re: E50 Athena AJH

Adam Smith /

Also the metal stock I used was 5/8” thick for anyone willing to try

Re: E50 Athena AJH

This happened

548B1158-6103-464D-81A7-D9442B4A70F6.jpeg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account