Re: So Macho

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /
C3DCE4B3-EFB4-4912-95C6-ECF1FC2E9361.jpeg

Soooo say by by to the 34 rear. Pulled the rim yesterday and waiting on DOS order. Going 44t on the rear 17 or 18 up front. With that gearing I’ll only be able to pull 65 at max RPM but should be a lot better all around bike and not eat the clutches as much. If I’m wrong I’m going back to 34T rear. Experiment time.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /
972220A7-42B2-4C2E-B1AB-B572B2678510.jpeg

Hot boi summer…..

3 more teef up front will be like reducing 9 in the back? That was the old wise tale with gear ratios. Should be interesting how it performs. Current is 15/34 new ration is 18/44

18\44 will still get you off the line quickly and give you that top end bump. I am running 17\40 on my bike right now which is almost the exact same. I considered 15\35 but I was concerned I would not have the clearance over the swingarm.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Ya Jay, it was was close and I made a plastic chain guide for it so it was not metal on metal with the MLM swing arm. If I was smart I would have did a better wheel set, like one meant for puch, but when I build this bike I had like $450 in a bike that went fast. Now I have probably spent 2k in clutches 🤣. Live and learn.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account