E50 Polini with P6 PSR Exhaust

magnus gustafsen /

Hi everyone. I just ordered Homoet P6 PSR from Puchshop and I'd like to hear your guys opinions on the performance from the pipe, and maybe a guess of how fast it's going to go?

Polini 65cc with a little milling to it (casematching done also)

65cc Psr head without o-ring

Dmp racingcrank

Dellorto 19mm carb

Homoet P6 PSR

17-36 gearing

Original 2-shoe clutch and ignition

This is how my current pipe looks like, not even 2 months old, but at least I got my money back :D (edited)

28033126_443373046080087_1774649973_o.jpg
28217572_443373042746754_869050934_o.jpg
28217935_443373052746753_1233416758_o.jpg

Re: E50 Polini with P6 PSR Exhaust

it's worth considering that maybe your pipe mount is the problem here, not the pipe...

at least for it cracking.

as far as performance, yeah that pipe's a problem. seriously you thought that was the best option with a polini? a jammy?

the homo is a cool pipe. but not much wouldnt be better than that thing. you still oughtta make a better mount though...

magnus gustafsen /

I know the mount isn't the best, but it was the only way so it didn't leaked.. But the paint coming off isn't my fault, I know that!

I bought the pipe when it was on sale, instead of the stock pipe I ran with.

Why would it not make a big difference? :) Puchshop recommended this as the best pipe for Polini kits.

Puch Maxi Upload did a video with Polini and P6 on one of his Puch's, and it had a powerband with that pipe. I've never had a powerband with the pipes I've tried.

You're gonna have a hard time getting into the power with gearing that tall, especially with stock clutch & ignition. P6 likes the hi rpms. I'd recommend trying shorter gearing and maybe an ignition with a timing curve. Or setting up the clutch with a pretty high stall, and be ready to burn them out regularly

I had a P6 straight pipe on polini e50 and za50. Jams hard but a CDI and clutch tuning will be key.

Nice N btw

magnus gustafsen /

Thanks. But in Denmark the model is called P (pedaler) (in english Pedals) :-)

magnus gustafsen /

Gotcha, thanks for replying. I'm gonna put a 3-shoe clutch with blue springs in it soon, but ignition isn't gonna bedste replaced in the nearest future, I think:-)

magnus gustafsen /

Btw, this is sick. Turned the handlebar other way around...

IMG_20180216_150153_627.jpg

with the rigid rear you can mount the pipe to the "swingarm" anywhere. the way you've got it setup the mount can twist down. you could probably just support the front part of the little adapter bar you made. heck even just hoseclamp that bar to the frame. but its probably a good idea before putting the new pipe on or you're likely to crack the new one. the P6 is heavier too.

you mean that puchshop recommended the pipe you have on there? or recommended the p6?

if the pipe digs high rpm and ya got a polini which love to rev, especially with the 19, might need to downgear to get more power and top speed. possible. might be OK - but yeah tall gearing you def wanna tune the clutch

I have never had much issue tuning the 2 shoe though, the 2 shoe dialed in with kickstart springs is a really satisfying setup.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

I would highly recommend an MLM Rev-Run pipe if you can find one. I don't know if they could be talked into making them again, but they should. If you know a pipe maker, I could get you the specs. (edited)

magnus gustafsen /

I think they're too expensive for a student. Now I've ridden with the P6 PSR for 2 days and it is more than enough :) But thanks for answering!

What speeds are you getting up to? If you're still geared 17*36 and actually getting that pipe to hit, you should be hitting over 60 forsure

magnus gustafsen /

My goal is hitting 100 km/h (62,6mph) on it, so I hope my stock ignition will hold to 10700 rpm, which is the rpm I need to hit 100 with 17-36 gearing :D

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account