derestricting stock a55 exhaust?

has anybody tried the a55 exhaust mod on the wiki? my carb is currently running rich, and i figure it could be a pretty neato stock mod to whack out over a weekend

Re: derestricting stock a55 exhaust?

Probably Fred /

Just pitch it and get a cheep techno bullet or biturbo. A two stroke engine needs back pressure, de restricting it’s just stupid you’ll lose low-end to maybe gain a little bit on the top if any at all who knows,

2 stroke Engine needs a pipe with a expansion chamber, no matter what you do with the junk stock pipe it never really be anything but slow

Blaaaah the sensible answer

Though I do have an old rustyish stock exhaust I think I'll try it on, I'll keep my current stock un-messed with

> Joe Chang Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Blaaaah the sensible answer

>

> Though I do have an old rustyish stock exhaust I think I'll try it on,

> I'll keep my current stock un-messed with

It sure won't hurt anything but the old rustyish stock exhaust .

Please , come back with a follow up report / assessment .

Check this out. https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Modify_stock_a55_exhaust

I have already done this. Just waiting for Spring to arrive so I can try it out.

I wrote that wiki article. Its a poor-mans homemade expansion chamber, not as good as a cheap aftermarket pipe, but better than stock and finding something to mount up perfectly on a revival is tricky.

my modified stock revival would do 45mph with re-gear and airbox mod and carb tuning. I would suggest gearing it for about 40mph cause it didnt have enough torque in upper rpms.

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> 2 stroke Engine needs a pipe with a expansion chamber, no matter what

> t you do with the junk stock pipe it never really be anything but slow

Yup, this is why its critical to leave that rear cone section as described in the wiki. thomas left that cone out of his and it was super loud and slow. Gotta keep the sound waves in there to bounce back to the cylinder.

the resulting chamber doesn't have the best performance and it might actually be better if you weld 2 or 4 of the rear cone's holes shut. Before ya weld it all back together. (edited)

Thanks all for the insight. Full tuck, I recognize your name from reverse searching the wiki edits haha, i couldn't find a MA forum post about it though, hence this post. Thanks for the advice on the cone, I'll try to knock at least 2 of those cone holes out before welding it back together

I've considered getting a tecno bullet, but if I wanted to go down that path, I figured I might as well get a HPI CDI, better carb, and jammer clutch to go all the way. Im looking for a mindblasting powerband and won't look to cheapen my experience with halfassed-ness. That's why im going full-on halfass with little stock mods LOL

im not sure i made a post, i usually put stuff straight into the wiki and post a link in of the forums.

"Im looking for a mindblasting powerband " + "That's why im going full-on halfass with little stock mods LOL"

Yes, this is how i moped as well. im either gonna mod my way just past 35mph OR go get stupid with it buying expensive parts. In my profile, my Sachs (and soon my Moby) is modded stock and the Magnum is a hill-climbing beast.

Totally normal JBOT /

I chopped the ass end of the stock pipe and added the rear of a boss onto it.

Shortened the header too.

Worked great. 45+.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account