Tomos flexer tuning

Hi guys im new in this forum i have 2016 tomos flexer i recently spray painted my rims taken off stickers tinted backlight exc i want to do some engine improvements but i know if i buy airsal kit or other that my engine will not last long what can i do to make it slightly stronger not faster i mean i want to be fast as its now but stronger i can change sprockets but then it will be slower but stroger help me guys

IMG_20171231_110908.jpg

Re: Tomos flexer tuning

Exhaust pipe, modify airbox for better flow, retune carburetor.

Paired wth re-gearing, you can get to 40-45mph depending on the expansion pipe you choose.

What u mean by modifying airbox to drill holes in it or to get that sport intake filter i have dellorto sha14-12 and to me that carb is too complicated i have apn4 with bing carb and that carb is so simple it literaly has one jet for fuel i drilled it and apn goes 45mph but its drinks gas like no other and smokes like diesel for pipe my friend gave me pipe from older generation a3 tomos and im currently working on repairing it welding holes in one word restoring it that pipe is much better than stock cuz this new tomoses have terrible stock pipes they are too long and have too smal exhaust holes paired with db killers (sponges as silencers) tomos is silent as my phone speaker i need to study dellorto carb a bit and mod jets but tell me just about modifying airbox what u mean by that

Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) /

> Kruno Bingula Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What u mean by modifying airbox to drill holes in it or to get that

> sport intake filter i have dellorto sha14-12 and to me that carb is too

> complicated i have apn4 with bing carb and that carb is so simple it

> literaly has one jet for fuel i drilled it and apn goes 45mph but its

> drinks gas like no other and smokes like diesel for pipe my friend gave

> me pipe from older generation a3 tomos and im currently working on

> repairing it welding holes in one word restoring it that pipe is much

> better than stock cuz this new tomoses have terrible stock pipes they

> are too long and have too smal exhaust holes paired with db killers

> (sponges as silencers) tomos is silent as my phone speaker i need to

> study dellorto carb a bit and mod jets but tell me just about modifying

> airbox what u mean by that

First, you must be mistaken. An SHA carburetor is the simplest. Dont even argue.

Modern stock Tomos come with a 14mm PHVA carburetor, my favorite carburetor in general...theyre awesome.

Don't bother drilling holes in the stock airbox. Stock a55 engines with PHVA carbs enjoy airboxes. If anything, maybe pull off the box portion, and cut off the bend in the rubber "elephant trunk" on the inside.

Just get a pipe, and upjet the main jet to a 56-58. If you want even more top speed, say 40-42mph without losing torque, get a 24 tooth rear sprocket.

Treatland.com is having a 20% off sale right now, code is "yuletidelog"

You can get a tecno bullet pipe for about $55 with the sale, itll give you about 8mph boost for cheap.

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A55-tecno-bullet-pipe-chrome-baffle-p/tomos-a55-tecno-bullet-20017.htm

If you want to spend a little more, you can get the A55 sidebleed estoril pipe for about $105 with the sale. A better pipe overall.

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A55-SIDEBLEED-estoril-performance-pipe-p/tomos-sidebleed-estoril-a55.htm

Main jets, get a few, from 56-60 i would say.

https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-main-jet-part-tomos-p/dellorto-main-jet-tomos.htm

It would also be a good idea to upjet your idle jet....they come stock with a #25, i would get a #30.

https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-PHVA-carburetor-idle-jets-p/dellorto-phva-idle-jets.htmEdited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/17 09:52AM by mopedallday.

Thanks for all but i have a35 engine because in our country there is not even one tomos with pedal i mean modern all a55 tomoses with pedals go in america and all other countries all croatia gets is tomos with a35 engine with pegs we get a35 engine with classy black a5 cilinder and dellorto sha carb in croatia almost every house execpt zagreb and zadar have tomos apn and old a3 automatic and for us dellorto is completly new world maybe this sound strange but this people dosnt understand tuning and modifiying mopeds 97% of tomoses are stock here so me and my friend have dellorto and my uncle which is mechanic dosnt want to play with it because he is affraid he will screw something up simply he had electronic 90 and bunch of motorcycles and most of them had bing carb and he isnt familiar with dell i know side screw is for idle and thats it im scared of dissasemble well i will eventualy look on yt what is for and when i understand it i will upjet

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4164156

You know the inside of an a3 and VIP engine though? I’m calling bs on something here. Sorry if I’m wrong, but somethings fishy.

Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) /

Huh! Well, carburetors dont get any simpler than an SHA.

Here is bing carb from apn old bing this carb has like 9 parts its ancient every old tomos had these i have 5 of them laying around in my garage thats why u learned to tune on dellorto we tuned on bing this ancient bing this is standard i think bing 12 on ancient a3 is worst i think that on old bing carb from a3 u couldnt tune on that cuz it was srew and done here is the picture of standard bing we are used to

karburator-tomos-apn-bing-1-12-346-original-www-frcomoto-si-slika-32535415.jpg

No i know insides od a3 i dont know of vip but vip is two speed automatic same as a3 a35 exc so they must be similiar

So assume that bing is like a SHA. There, problem solved!

Jokes aside, SHA is the most simple carb there is to tune.

You seem to speak English well. But please use punctuation though. It’s pretty hard to read your posts without it.

Ah, european, rules are different there. A35 airboxes are too small, rip it off, throw it out, aftermarket filter. Add aftermarket pipe.

Sorry i dont want to argue. I just want to say that i dont know on dellorto what is what can u tell me that i know how to tune bing but not this .This has lot of parts, so im scared if i take it apart and if i switch jets ,if i lose some parts and screw something up

That is what i want to say a35 damn a35 so what to throw sport filter or is there possibility to mod it

And one more thing when i put aftermarket filter do i need to upjet. Would it run lean with stock jet

To to treatland site and order a Tecno bullet pipe, Black cap and screen filter, 58-64 jet range (around a 61 jet), 22-20 tooth rear sprocket

Bad thing is stock a35 comes with 22tooth sprocket for 20tooth i need to mod rim (i need to mod it on lathe i work on cnc lathe but i dont have it in my place) only option is changing front sprocket

Mike Fitzgerald /

Run 27/22 gearing, get a pod filter, around a 60 jet and a tecno bullet. Upjet is simple on a SHA, remove carb(single screw on intake clamp), remove 2 screws on the bottom of plastic float bowl. The main jet is in the center of the carb and there is no need to remove other parts. Reverse for reassembly. Pretty simpleEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/18 09:23AM by artek.

That is what i wanted to know. Thank you very much. Because dell is new to me and my friends so nobody knows nothing about it maybe someone knew but hell what i'm gonna go to whole region ask do you know how to change jet? hell no,one more time thank you and just one more thing what is pod filter ? Is that mushroom like sport filter and if i change filter only will it run lean?

Just read up on carburetor tuning. Go on treatland’s website and search for “pod filter”.

I know now but we here in croatia call it "gljiva" on english mushroom because it resembles it or when someone mentiones aftermarket air filter they mean that but until now i first time hear that name (i don't know if it's official name for it but never mind) i purchased one from ebay but it does not say pot filter it just says sport filter

« Go to Topic — end of thread