How wide of a tire can I fit on a Tomos targa or Puch?

I want to make my 2011 targa lx look a little more sports bike-ish With a 110/90 tire and for my Puch Maxi I want to do a dragster flat slick look . How fat of a tire can I get with the colibri mono shock on the tomos and a robot swing arm on the Maxi? I'm willing to cut the Maxi if needed. I'd like to get a 3.25-3.50 inch wide back tire, do I have much options or do I need different parts?

Re: How wide of a tire can I fit on a Tomos targa or Puch?

Robot swing arm

Big mods needed

Search first.

The colibri swingarm won't allow a very big tire, 110/90 is way too large. I think you're probably going to max out around 2.50 on the tomos. I imagine 2.50 is probably the limit on the puch robot swingarm also.

Thanks Saabsonetguy, i appreciate the advice, do you know if there's a swing arm that can accommodate that size? I can accept if the wheel is too large but it would be nice to see a moped with that gixxser look on a tomos, mono shock isn't too important just want that fat back tire or as fat as I can.

Sorry MA I know it's frustrating talking to someone with less than experience but there a sale on treats and I want to get some stuff while it's on discount, natural instinct. Tried searching wiki didn't know which exact phrase or technical words fits the search engine, spent 20-30 minutes searching before asking because I know I'll get flak, only saw something on Puchs and even then my question is split in a specific question on a specific tire.

Joe Schuitema /

The largest you can fit on a puch in general is about 3.25". Any bigger than that and you'll run into the chain. Of course swingarm modifications are necessary.

DSC00619_1366x1024.jpg

rear: tomos hit the chain around 2.75 w/out dished sprockets. puch maxi can do some 2.5s. 2.25s are easier. with stock equipment.

front: do you want a fender?

Streetmate/Revival came with 3.25 stock, and some came without the dished sprocket. With a dished sprocket and the streetmate/revival swingarm you could do a tad wider, but not by much.

I've fitted a 100/80-16 Heidenau k66 on my Streetmate at the moment, which as it sits on the rim is the same width as the original Savas at... 86mm / 3.4". Next tyre change I may try a 110/90-16.

RAD!!! Very cool to see those fat tires! Does anyone have more pics of their stuff? It's dope to see.

I don't care for a fender I just want this looking exaggerated.

Can I do a colibri sub frame on a tomos targa a55 frame?

And if I have a robot swing arm or a puch magnum swing arm what do I need to alter on them to fit a 3.25 on it?

I want my maxi back tire to look like this jk but it would be nice

IMG_3764.PNG

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Lol

Badass bikes man, wich one is on the right in the picture? And what type of tire is taht and is the exhaust homemade?

you don't want to put a 110 tire on that narrow of a rim

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

...and your top speed will be about 18mph.

« Go to Topic — end of thread