Dmp ajh reed kit, shit?

Im sure the casting is probably shittier than the athena, but is there any difference other than dirty clumpy transfers?

Re: Dmp ajh reed kit, shit?

Casting in general is terrible. Like all the threads and the cylinder skirt is very prone to cracking. But for a hundred-fifty bucks it's the fastest cheapo kit for Puch/Tomos.

timothy rendall /

I haven't run mine yet but it was an awful casting i had to clean up the ports and scoot cut outs . But yet it was cheep for a 50cc kit!

Dude I would say buy it just because I like treats but dam dude it ls ruff. I'm working on the same kit right now as a winter project and I'm only runing into problem after problem. Don't use 7m or fat stud cuz Ull just make life more difficult, some pipes will not fit unless you cut the fins or grind the pipe flang down, the bolt mounts for the reed cage on mine were off by a hair, & the squish band is crazy you need a head sunk to 3mm.

The castings suck, the big transfers ports don't leave much to seal, the port timing annoying just buy a treats reed

timothy rendall /

yes your right 'Rocco Taco', i'd forgotten about the exhaust. I had to cut / grind out the exhaust side and the surface wasn't flat ether utter crap really. !

thanks people. I have a za50 matched up to the Athena with extra material for mating that I want to run again. flipped 1st speed and 32 tooth rear gear. I didn't want to buy a dmp and end up with scrap metal

> fuck FUCK Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> thanks people. I have a za50 matched up to the Athena with extra

> material for mating that I want to run again. flipped 1st speed and 32

> tooth rear gear. I didn't want to buy a dmp and end up with scrap metal

Extra material for mating?

Flipped 1st speed?

What are these things?

?extra aluminum on the case so its not paper thin after port matching

? Sorry, flipped 2nd speed clutch so it throws later to stay in first longer

? third go fuck yourself and quit being an internet dick you fucking smartass

dont mind the roff man he is a grumpy jerk when he wants to be. i would say only run the dmp if you are budget minded, it performs just as well as the real deal, just not as nice. if you have the extra $50 bucks just get the athena. if you can wait a week and are willing to pay the shipping, go through puchshop.de. they have the dmp for $60, I usually pay 30-70 for shipping depending on what i order.

Look guys I not gonna f myself or was being a grumpy jerk.

I had no idea what Mating meant and flip 1st speed I wasn’t familiar with either So that’s why I questioned ya,

So heck with you both you guys go pound salt,

But fF when your build comes to a shrieking lock up (if it even runs it all) just remember I’ll be smiling, for now you are officially hexed haa ha haha ha

I feel like all it's worth is $60 bucks, yea for $50 bucks more you get a quality Athens but for $60 dollars less you can rip a treats reed.

I think Ken was just being lighthearted, and acting like a newb. I even know what flipping gears does

Don't forget about the piston! The piston that comes with the kit is wrong. This will throw your deck hight way off and exhaust port clearance.

This is the piston that comes with the kit:https://www.treatland.tv/replacement-45mm-AJH-piston-for-puch-p/ajh-45mm-piston.htm

This is the piston you need! :https://www.treatland.tv/puch-reed-45mm-70cc-replacement-piston-p/puch-alukit-70cc-piston-45mm.htm

The piston is 3mm shorter, this is why my deck hight was all fucked up, now that I figured that out this kit just got a little bit better but casting is still poop.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/18 04:08PM by countryboy1.

« Go to Topic — end of thread