e50 euro cases, gear restriction

standard front sprocket is 13t, and because we have some lame rules in europe about restrictions etc they decided to restrict the front gears from being larger that 13t.

now i understand why some puch moped in my country have coin sized rear sprockets lol

i need to remove this ''pin'' but it sits REALLY tight, i tryed heating the area around it with a torch but that didn´t work. and the metal is from space so i cant use a metal saw, i´m thinking about using a press and just push it into the case, because the hole goes thru the case, and it wont hit anything if i press it in 15mm

what do you guys think?

20171201_192012.jpg

20171201_192051.jpg

20171201_192123.jpg

Re: e50 euro cases, gear restriction

you have to grind it back. if you remove it you will have an open hole into the crankcase area...

Brandon Weiss (aka B-Man) /

Dremel with a cutoff wheel

i can make some kind of custom aluminium plug with o-ring seals, and smack it into the hole if i get it out. my prefered method would be pressing it in if that works without cracking the case. but that would be an expensive lesson if it fails.. seems like grinding it down is the safest method

thanks for the replyEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/17 03:25PM by mike20.

Dirty30 Dillon /

This is easy, either hack it off or pull it out and tap/plug hole.

Never seen that restrictor, so cool

Looks like Mikey is going to end up in moped jail in Europe.

Charlie

or moped limbo, where all e50cases have restrictions

A lot of the euro cases swoops run had those. They're often hollow. Cut it off and epoxy over the hole. It'll last basically forever.

What did you try cutting it with? A hacksaw? Dremel and cut off wheel usually cuts through most things. Might burn up a couple cutting wheels in the process

i used a standard metal saw, dremel or grinder might work better.

Yes you won't be able to use a European metal cutting saw because legally it is limited too butter and soft lead.

Charlie

Do they have those police speed treadmills over in your country that monitor moped top speed...

no they dont use that kind of equipment.

usually if they suspect anything they take it for a ride and measure with laser, if they can get the driver to stop.

i dont like the speed treadmills (rollerbanks) method, when they use it they just keep revving the shit out of the engine. if its tuned its tuned. same tickets no matter if they measure 10mph or 30mph faster than legal.

I wonder if you have the same front sprocket clearance as the engines in the US. I have a kickstart e50 from europe and the biggest front sprocket I can fit is a 15t, any bigger and it hits the case. The US pedal start e50 has enough room for an 18t though.

> Max LGN Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder if you have the same front sprocket clearance as the engines in

> the US. I have a kickstart e50 from europe and the biggest front

> sprocket I can fit is a 15t, any bigger and it hits the case. The US

> pedal start e50 has enough room for an 18t though.

i think you are right, about the 15t . i tried the 16t without chain and it spins fine but i didnt check how close it was to the case.

If you got 5star or spoke wheels you can run as small as a 35 tooth rear sprocket.

15x35 gears is more then enough gearing for a mild 70cc build.

Use this gearing Calculator (thanks Marty) to figure out what speed and RPM you want.

https://toolbox.martysgarage.info

D3848625-1548-4AF8-B8F1-53A926DE5B9E.jpeg

timothy rendall /

you have easy in the US (mostly) there's so much restriction in europe , They are slowly getting ride of motorcyclists by legislation .

I didn't not remove the peg but someone did before me or the factory never installed it on this case.

IMG_1614.JPG

Bad Cadillac™ /

Cut the peg off, I would not push/press it and run the risk of cracking your case.

Cut it off and grind flush.

Mikey Antonakakis /

Alternatively, if you ever have the case taken apart you can heat it up and see if you can pull it out. Otherwise yeah, cut it off.

« Go to Topic — end of thread