E50 Polini exhaust suggestions

So I've got this polini i worked on over the summer; top end and bottom end...new aluminum stuffed crankshaft, bearings and seals. Blue 2 puck clutch springs. Case match and boost ports. 15mm Bing with tons of jets.

Its getting cold out in New England...but hey whatever, just looking for a few opinions on pipes for this build. I saw the "Radical side bleed estoril with end bleed" on treats...looks pretty beef.

Flames, suggestions, asshole opinions and sarcasm welcomed.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/17 10:25PM by whitelinerider86.

Re: E50 Polini exhaust suggestions

If points or static type CDI then you have to run a pipe like circuit or estoril (with low timing and low compression head) (hi torque head fine) and then you still may need to keep an eye on head temps but if you use a high rpm pipe then chances are you’ll never get temperatures to sustain @ wot unless you run retarding HPI Cdi type ignition

where do pretzels go on vacation?

pretzelvania.

there's been like five million threads on this, whats the rest of the setup, what do you want to use the bike for

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> where do pretzels go on vacation?

>

> pretzelvania.

>

> there's been like five million threads on this, whats the rest of the

> setup, what do you want to use the bike for

Thanks for the vision...mmmm pretzelvanians..

I know there are a lot of threads out there, I've read a lot of them...but there are a lot of pipes around. Its at stock gearing at the moment but i will get some different front and rear gears over the winter. Stock points @14 deg. Looking for a good all around power band. We do have some hills round these parts but also some good flats for blasting. Hi comp head w/ o ring. Trailtech temp gauge is coming soon. Won't run the ped without one.

Thanks Graham and Oh mighty Roff your posts are legendary!

Fromaggio

Estriol non side bleed

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Get a MLM Rev-Run if you can find one. The key, to the equation, is modifying the stock reed plate & fabricate a custom reed for it. Good for 55+ without doing a case match & much more with.

> Charles Cole (OFMC) Wrote:

> Get a MLM Rev-Run if you can find one. The key, to the equation, is

> modifying the stock reed plate & fabricate a custom reed for it. Good

> for 55+ without doing a case match & much more with.

No case match with a polini reed kit is wrong ! The upper boost ports especially need to be case matched in

I case matched the shit out of those boost ports. Brought them all the way back to the crank. I put an estoril sidebleed with adjustable end bleed on it. Got it running for a bit yesterday. Now to sort out some other stuff...gearing, switches temp gauge AND pedal clearance. I couldnt believe it when it fired right up. Idles nice and sounds great.

I'll post some pics of the build on my polini thready later tonight.

Let the tuning begin.

Case match and bottom end rebuild

20170914_081056.jpg

31827.jpeg

31423.jpeg

Boost ports

31441.jpeg

31425.jpeg

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

WOW. Did you use a pocket knife or a hammer to do your porting?

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> WOW. Did you use a pocket knife or a hammer to do your porting?

I thought something along those lines , too .

Seems a bit rough , but might just be a poor camera . Hopefully , anyway .

I took a polishing Stone and smoothed everything out. These were just rough cuts before I polished. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of it.

Well , a bit of rough just helps the fuel mix to atomize . ;)

Exactly it's a semi smooth surface gives a bit of turbulence to fuel and air mixture.

Kind of want to sand blast it a bit with some fine grit shot.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/17 06:49PM by whitelinerider86.

You should put a picture of your cat on this moped....and call it "The Pussy"..... Ride the bitch daily.

> Rich Condor Wrote:

> You should put a picture of your cat on this moped....and call it "The

> Pussy"..... Ride the bitch daily.

Its gotta be dailyable before it can be called "The Pussy"

Then I'll be riding that pussy daily.

« Go to Topic — end of thread