Are minarelli parts interchangeable across variations of the V1 engine

Hey, guys, I couldn't find anywhere if parts such as cylinders are interchangeable across engines such as the regular v1, v1ks, v1L, and V1hs. If you have any idea all advice is appreciated

Re: Are minarelli parts interchangeable across variations of the V1 engine

Probably Fred /

yeah i did read it but I didn't find anything helpful, I know that they're differences but it doesn't expressly say whether or not parts are interchangeable. It says that they are interchangeable with Morini engines but nothing between the v1 and v1l and others

Dirty30 Dillon /

Piston port minarelli and case inducted have different strokes, so they don't interchange.

That is all you need to know

Thanks, good to know

But if you put a 42 mm stroke crankshaft (minarelli v1) on a minarelli v1l (case inducted engine) You increase Torque and cc's , and You dont have to mod anything, the crankshafts between minarellis are all pretty much the same

we have the V1 crank in a V1L case here. then there is a 48mm cylinder that works. it was made in taiwan for zanella. we have not finished the motor but the piston clears the exhaust port and the piston sits flush at TDC .

Its a win win everywhere, You increase CC, a 48 mm diameter cylinder on a 42 mm stroke crank = 75cc, Also, as You said, increases compression, and its sits almost flush with the deck

Oh and i forgott, you fix the transfers timing aswell, as with a 38 mm crank (v1l stock crank), the piston covers almost half the transfers at bdc, with a 42 mm they clear (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account