Vm18 to much carb for ported V1

Looking to get a vm18 for the winter build. My malossi too bad pipe is pretty awesome so far, but I am looking to port the stock cylinder. So, is a VM18 to much carb for my setup?

Re: Vm18 to much carb for ported V1

No.

Get it.

Thread over.

Jake Harvey /

Awesome. That’s all I needed. Y’all rock.

no thread not over

on my overbore'd 55-60cc and lightly ported, v1's I run a vm18 on the 60cc cylinder with a 50 jet, aka the smallest jet available and its close to being to much, it was to much for the 55cc cylinder, the jet is just to big, there is another thread about this out there somewhere, run a bing/sha/amal until you go bigger, otherwise you will constantly 4-stroke on your main

I doubt any of the above posters have actually ran the set up you are aiming for, I have and I can tell you, you'll be to rich

Nichecycles.com sells 4/042–vm18 #40 main.

FF3332CF-91BE-4F89-B3EF-9274CC0BB2BF.png

Is it “genuine” mikuni? Probably not

Did it work great when I had a stock ported v1? Absolutely

Does the vm18 still work great re-jetted with polini kit, mlm intake, Lupe custom dual bleed circuit pipe, blah blah blah yadda yadda?? Yes sir.

Do I wish I had the 40 main in my hand to take a pic for Andy???

You gotdamn right.

Opinions are like assholes. Find one you like best.

Do what you want, but Andy doesn’t know me and shouldn’t act like it. This is internet mopeds and people need to relax.

Jake Harvey /

Do you have a link to that pipe? Also thank you both for the info. It does give me more to consider. Currently running a 14.9 that’s bored to 14.12 so the vm18 is a big step up

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

So much depends on the porting.

It's just some hack it's going to suck.

Look it was someone with years of experience and knows what the fuc they're doing it's going to rip.

So anyway yeah,,,..........or na......

I find it very hard to believe that any bike with a vm18 (beyond bone stock) would have a need for smaller than a 50 jet. Sounds fishy. What kind of filter was choking that thing down? Regardless, you can put a massive carb on there and just have a harder time trying to get it to dial in accurately. A larger carb will actually require a larger jet due to lower air velocity over the tube and reduced suction.

tried running one on mt ported e50 magnum cylinder, was just way to rich at WOT. Was great until you got to like 3/4 throttle then just bogged hard.

Then you drop the main and raise the needle..

Jake Harvey /

Thanks for all the info guys. So far my carb experience is a sha 14:9(bored out) and a bing 15mm.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account