radiator hose

what're y'all using for flexy radiator hose on custom LC kitz?

Re: radiator hose

I recently did a custom setup using a honda elite radiator and several Gates pre-molded hoses I found on amazon. If you've got some funky bends and you know roughly what shape your looking for that's a great place to check. Some are pricey, but some are very affordable.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dindustrial&field-keywords=gates+coolant+hose

Always liked the MRC silicone tubes my homie uses on his shifter kart... comes With lifetime warranty, pre bent or flexible, they seem to make every bend or angle adapter and those colors though....

That silicone tube gets expensive fast

So does life.

I walked into the auto parts store with all the nipples I wanted to fit, and said "I need this size on one end and THIS size on the other, with about X sort of bend". One girl there took to it like a natural and said "oh we have that". Took me no time at all. I just cut the length at the bend I wanted. The rest of the stuff is just regular hose.

coolant hose

I'm using this hose on my bike.

s-l400.jpg

i'll third the 'ask the auto parts people to go behind the counter'

if you go to a cool auto parts store they'll let you just bumble around back there, usually you can get most of your bends in one piece if you're creative.

i have resorted to bumbling around in a junkyard before but not ideal since you're getting someone elses worn out shit. worst case you can find waht you need and go on 'rockauto' and buy the new model of that hose.

I like the look of that hose though, wonder how tight a bend it can get? I have one spot that has maybe a 2" radius in that diameter.

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

It goes like this at the auto parts store

Me. Can I look at your pre formed hoses?

Them. What are you working on?

Me. It doesn’t mater, a custom project.

Them. I can’t let you back there but we can look it up.

Me. I fill them with as much information as fast as possible to overwhelm them.

Them. Ya, come on back and take a look.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

^ Exactly.

A variation of that is exactly the way it goes.

If you have big bends, solder some copper fittings to give yourself a good offset. 1/2in pipe flanged fits perfect inside 3/4 hose

yea these are what im coming to also. I've got a stack of leftover hoses from previous projects and fit a lot of those, some copper fittings in between, but I was looking for something kinda that blue hose above, cheap filler sections with some flex in case your motor pivots or something... wheres that coming from?

I do lots of picking around the back of the autoparts store. they know me

IMG_5497.PNG

Look this up, with 5/8" brass barb 90's and hose clamps.

My system has 3 copper fittings and a solder joint in it.

Wow I never imagined that I would be able to find clear stuff, does that hard enough with the heat? Or does it get cloudy? Assuming you may have used it.

Yea, it took a minute to resize the pics. Too many mb,s at an arms length.

This hose is a left over piece, i don’t have the lc head kitted magnum here. I took the hose and sucked a little up like a straw out of the over flow tank to show ya the translucency. The antifreeze is some dirty fresh shit out of my 1977 Pontiac. Looks good from here! The hose is bad ass!!

875AF406-29A9-4FFC-9554-395C8698A36E.jpeg
9125E46D-F86C-4A56-A81D-616A7DB10E2F.jpeg
8D612F92-05C9-4566-8018-C66D338021D6.jpeg

I wonder if that would carry LED lighting well..

Whoa! That’s a good ideaR to try. The strands might pick up like fiber optics. Hahaa. I’ll check it out

Yea fukK mopeds! Lulu, I’m yor faver. Had a long strand folded in half.

8725681F-B03D-46C2-8289-9C1908157738.jpeg
ABCC0D69-A7CD-44D2-B8EF-35B9EC77AA23.jpeg
8D0ABC97-79F1-4F2A-AF0F-68E8875E7819.jpeg

Damn! Now I really want to see where this goes

Oh shit this thread just went form 6 to midnight

The LED strip package is from amazebay one of the 2 or both. The thing can be snipped every 3” for custom lengths. Can u spare 12V 5A ?

660C8CB8-F808-4098-A62B-DB6CF94B24B0.jpeg
D1C3B897-52B0-4796-8E53-BAF80925E4A7.jpeg

Comes with a conTroller! With $16 worth of options. Like flashing and auto color change, solid color and DIY!

3F9E6671-253C-4F50-B031-C840FE2910E3.jpeg

ha!

we gettn somewhere now!~

That's a lot of draw though. I would have just tried a small ring of 4 or 5 at the ends of the hose to see how far they could carry the light. Minimal power draw. Looks ridiculous though lit up like a lightsaber. Hm..some blacklight LEDs with that shit you put in liquid cooled PCs to make the coolant glow.

Howsabout a little more thread jack performance LED mods? Yes!

74557FD8-CE8D-4286-828E-E9AF5C518E23.jpeg
A37629E7-1126-4FD1-A3B6-05B9D5D6132A.jpeg
5BCA5EA2-CC06-4578-90D1-E1FE5324AF78.jpeg

Luxury, I Drive Luxury Mopeds

AaaNH,, but hey if u got the time!

6F9653D1-8068-4086-A4F1-33B0D31FF200.jpeg

I doubt that draws 5A if it's led.

Put a load checker on it to see what it really draws

Perhaps that's the max the controller can handle. Good spot though. I'm sure the actual controller draws a bit itself but it does seem pretty high. That's the entire output of an HPI and they can run quite a bit.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account