Rotella as trans oil on e50?

Anybody ever tried running rotella in their moped trans? Myself and ALOT of fellow motorcycles riders run rotella in our motorcycles. Its safe for wet clutches obviously, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with it.

Re: Rotella as trans oil on e50?

i run rotella in my motorcycle too...the new t-4 stuff might be an interesting experiment...try it and let me know...lol

15w40 rotella t all day.

Joe Peloquin /

That's what weight you run? Notice any difference compared to regular ATF?

Oil threads have happened since the dawn of time believe.... it’s like religion, people will argue to the death with all sorts of angles and “facts” and bla blah blah. I personally rock the rotella T for many reasons.

Instead of babbling on about why I like it, I’ll let Greg the Shell guy try and fill in the blanks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the opportunity to respond to your inquiry, and thanks for your interest in Shell products. (and my apologies for the delay in responding)

ROTELLA T SAE 15W-40 and ROTELLA T Synthetic SAE 5W-40 are universal oils, meeting needs of many 2 or 4-stroke gasoline as well as most diesel engines. They have performance credentials (API Service Categories SL and CI-4 & CI-4 PLUS) for lubricating both kinds of engines. Consequently, ROTELLA T can be a good choice for motorcycle/ATV engines.

It's best to consult your owner's manual for recommended oil quality. If your engine manufacturer recommends oil meeting any of these API Service Categories; CF-4, CG-4, CH-4, CI-4 & CI-4 PLUS, and/or SH, SJ, and SL, or any earlier but obsolete category, then ROTELLA T may be a good choice.

ROTELLA T does not contain friction modifiers that are added to many passenger-car-only-oils, and it does not comply with all requirements of ILSAC GF-1, GF-2 and GF-3 (the ILSAC oil specifications are often recommended by many gasoline passenger car engine manufacturers). That can be a thing good for motorcycle/ATV transmission uses. Friction modifiers can upset wet clutch operation, and the ILSAC requirements limit phosphorus content. Diesel engines and other engines with highly loaded valve trains, as well as transmissions, need extra (compared to passenger car engines) extreme pressure wear protection, which is provided by ROTELLA.

Best Regards,

Greg Raley

Tel: +1 281 544 8621

Email: Gregory.Raley@shell.com

Internet: www.shell.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Free canoe? J/k

maybe rotella T is for you! Maybe not. Either way, you’re still riding a moped dummy.

for tranny i'm gonna try it...for engine...i don't think so...

Im sure it works. Cw s recepe 1/3 f 1/3 gear oil1/3 Lucas trannie anti slip plus a couple of tablespoons of elemental sulfur at twice the volume tomos specifies is way more viscous than rotella. And I do have rotella in the garage because I have an f250.

Talking about using weird viscous items I just read in the nyt that there is an experiment to put safflour oil into some sort of encapsulated form and mix it in with asphalt when resurfacing roads and when the asphalt dries and cracks the oil will be liberated and act as an agent to flow and repair the asphalt from within.

And here I thought all these viscous agents were simply to make it easier to bend over and take it from the man.

Probably Fred /

0w20-5w20 or 5w30 synthetic motor oil,

Done !

Joe Peloquin /

I've ran Rotella in my 1974 RD250 and it shifted much nicer! Think I'm gonna go ahead and give it a sample in my magnum. It won't hurt!

Oil thread.

That gif though. Ha

#CrazyWayne #CrazyWayneRocks /

Peanut oil and a spoonful of sulfur.

Think about it what's going on with the chemistry and temperatures.

Laugh if you want. ^ he’s right..

Where’s CWs sulphur mix?

Did someone already share that??

#CrazyWayne #CrazyWayneRocks /

What else are we having for dinner?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account